•Eleven•

Word Count: 809

Warnings: Cussing, mention of killer clown, A/N discusses consent a bit.

Song for chapter 11 - WIP

F/S = Favourite show

***

It was finally time to think about going home. Richie had begged me to come with him, but I was still really upset at him for kissing me out of the fucking blue. He was probably sorry, but since he couldn't even actually tell me he was, there was no forgiveness. Plus, I couldn't say yes to coming with him either way. There was no way I would give up a normal life for him. I didn't care if he was pretty successful with his comedy shit (which he doesn't even write scripts for, someone else does!), I just really want to go home.

Although, if I already lost my job by the time I left, there is not exactly any normalcy to return to. I'd have to get a new job and the whole interview shit would take too long. I am a lazy piece of shit (you're not), so me trying to get a new job would be like an elephant trying to balance on top of a coin. I just hope maybe my friends may have some recommendations as backup or something.

I think I am worrying about this too much, yeah, sure, anyone can take my place really quickly, but so what? Even if it takes me a while I can just get a new job. Well, whatever, I'll figure it out eventually.

At the moment, I already got my plane ticket and am slowly packing my stuff. The reunion was nice and all, but I'd rather never get reminded of this place ever again. Too much torment. Seattle wasn't the best place for memories either (my parents), but I got out of the house as soon, as I could, so it wasn't that bad. I actually wondered how my parents were doing. I cut off contact with them a few years ago. They didn't try to contact me when I did so, which, by the way, woah what a surprise! I didn't expect that at all when I revealed I liked guys.

I was finished with packing and just laid down on my bed (still) in the hotel, ready to fall asleep. However, my brain didn't cooperate. I was still processing everything, because I didn't quite yet get a moment of peace to think about it. Every time I tried to, which was usually around this time (because I couldn't any other time), I had just fallen asleep as soon, as my head had hit the pillow.

I decided on actually thinking about everything that's happened in my stay.

***

Holy mother of shit balls, the sun is rising! I hadn't slept at all. Who am I kidding, it's not the first time, but I do have my flight tomorrow, so I'd have to fix my sleep schedule before that somehow. I decided on going for some breakfast and a walk before anyone else was awake, because I was not in a chatty mood this morning. I had managed to mostly avoid contact with everyone for the rest of the day.

Nothing interesting happened, except I said my goodbyes (Bev and Ben were already gone), so we'll just move on to the day of the flight: I was heading to the airplane, trying to avoid getting hit by kids who were running by. There are always kids in every place running for some reason, without any regard for their or other's safety. I hated those kind of kids.

Once I was on the plane, I had successfully gotten a seat without a kid anywhere near in sight. I might have seen a baby when I was walking to my seat, which may become a problem later. I decided to not think about that for now and started watching F/S.

***

I was right, the baby did, in fact, become a problem later. Right when I was about to fall asleep from fatigue the baby started crying loudly. I heard the mom desperately trying to hush the child, afraid of the angry passengers. I felt sorry for her, but not enough to not get pissed, because I was getting a huge headache. I tried to muffle it as much, as I could with my headphones and went to sleep.

***

I called my boss when I got home and surprisingly I still had the free place in my job. I guess someone stood in for me while I was gone or they dealed with it somehow. I quickly adjusted to my old lifestyle and went back to kind of enjoying life again. Nobody from the Losers club really tried to make any contact anymore. Either the Losers club was the socially awkward club or just didn't want to contact outside of killing evil clowns business hours. I get it, though, yeah we knew each other throughout childhood, but we'll not know each other for a lot longer.

***

Reading back, I think chapter 10 is weird and I wanted to address that it's not meant as angst or an add on to the slow burn, I just wanted to bring up the problem with consent instead of just "hE smAShEd hiS lIpS oN tHe oThEr BoY".
On the other hand, I think this book has around 2-3 chapters left til the finish line, so hope y'all are doing great and there won't be any updates soon :').