•Twenty Six•

Word Count: 1059

Warnings: Coping with humor from trauma (Pennywise), cussing, awkward social situations, last goodbyes.

Song for chapter 26 - "Friendship" by Toby Fox.

***

We had almost packed everything, we were mere weeks or even a week away from moving away. Mike had planned the meetup, it was happening soon. I didn't know what I would say once I saw them all, especially Richie, but I had to hurry to think of something. If I didn't think beforehand, I would probably be standing there awkwardly, saying nothing.

I guess I'd have to apologize? Well, it's not my fault I'm moving away, but I still gave the news out of nowhere. I think Beverly would be the most angry about it, but she won't be there because of her dad. Although, we'll still call her during the meetup, so she can feel included.

I think the rest of them would be more sad rather than angry. At least I hope so, I don't want anyone being mad at me during the last goodbyes. Last goodbyes, huh? Maybe I can prepare a long-ass speech...ooooor just have fun. I'm guessing the latter option would probably be better on everyone's behalf. If I made a speech they would just want me gone faster and I wouldn't blame them, honestly.

Alright, I know what I'll do then. I'll just have fun with them and maybe offer a few words, that would be cut out of a speech. I'm going to get ready now, because by "it was happening soon" I meant today, in a few hours. We were going to meet up by the statue and then visit someone's house for a moment, so we could talk to Beverly. It was most likely going to be Richie's, because Mike's place is currently not available for visiting and Mike isn't really familiar with Alyssa, so we couldn't just expect him to go to her house.

I dressed up, got my stuff ready and sat down to watch TV, while I waited for when it was time to go.

***

"Hello, are you Alyssa?" Mike asked as she approached us by the statue, showing up a bit later than the others. Probably because she was nervous to meet a new person.

"Yeah," She awkwardly shuffled around and finally sat down next to us on the bench. It was probably an interesting sight for the people passing by. Three guys, two of them very tense around each other. One girl, putting a bit of distance from the guys.

"Sooo...what are we gonna do?" I asked Mike. I had forgotten to ask him about the whole day, because I was too nervous thinking about how I would socialize.

"We can get some ice cream?" Alyssa suggested. Mike agreed, it seemed that he may have not fully planned the day out. That was to be expected, he wasn't exactly a perfectionist like Stanley. Hm, Stanley, I wondered how he was doing right now. Probably out of state, his parents wanting him to get a higher education.

"Sure," I said. (You're just tagging along if you don't like ice cream or are lactose intolerant. If I have made them get ice cream before without mentioning this, please do point it out.)

We went to the nearest store that sold ice cream (no trucks around today) and everyone bought the flavor they favored (hehe see what I did there). We then walked around town, while everyone ate their ice cream. I caught Richie sneaking a few looks at me like he wanted to say something. It was mostly Mike speaking, Alyssa chiming in with a few words. I just mindlessly replied.

After the ice cream was finished we were kind of bored out of our minds, since Mike hadn't planned anything, so we just decided to go to Richie's house (as I expected) and call Beverly. Either Beverly could award us with some kind of entertainment or it would just be even more awkward silence. At least she would be able to hang up, we still have to stick around.

Now that I think about it, Beverly doesn't know Alyssa, so she would have to just sit there. Pretty sure she won't be very happy about that. The least we could do is introduce them to each other.

"Hey, Bev. It's Richie. We're bored so we're calling you." Richie said like the douchebag he is.

"Wow, so I'm supposed to entertain you?" Beverly said. It seems she had calmed down since last time and wasn't so easily set off. Just in case, though, I snatched the phone away from Richie (this is a house phone, by the way).

"We had nothing to do so we called you earlier. How are you?" I asked her.

"I'm good, how are you guys?"

"We're fine...and bored, obviously," Richie spoke.

"Oh, by the way, our newest friend Alyssa is here. She joined our class this year. Alyssa say hi." I prodded her.

"Hello," She said quietly.

"Hi." Beverly greeted her back. As predicted, this was extremely awkward. There was a small moment of silence before Mike decided to take control of the call, which I was thankful for. Alyssa just sat in the corner, while I zoned out.

Before we knew it, the call was over and I said my goodbyes to her, wishing she was here so I could tell her in person. Mike hung up the phone and we went to watch TV. Ah yes, the classic American day. Watch TV, eat, repeat. Goodbyes should be more emotionally moving, but apparently our souls had been sucked out.

Well, maybe it wasn't emotionally moving, but we were all together. That hasn't happened since Peniswise. Speaking about penises, could he have shape-shifted into one? You know, like just floating around. I believe he could only turn into a living thing, so he would just have to be a human or some creature in a penis costume. Why am I even thinking about this? Is this how people usually deal with trauma of getting almost killed by a killer clown? I should probably focus back on reality instead of this. I wouldn't want to explain why I was zoned out. Alyssa would be especially freaked out, because she doesn't even know what Pennywise is and likely wouldn't believe us.

Out of nowhere, Mike and Alyssa decided they've had enough after a while and decided to go, so I had to repeat my goodbyes way faster than I was expecting. I escorted them out and watched as long, as I could how they drove away, because I didn't want to face Richie quite yet.

After the time was expired we both went inside the house and just stood there for a moment.

***

This one took a bit longer to write. Anyway, how are y'all doing? Hope everything's well. We have reached more views on this book than any of the female ones already and I haven't even finished this! That is amazing and I'm so glad there's people out there, who enjoy and find comfort in my books :).

Daily reminder: be sure to point out any mistakes including pronouns. There is most likely to be mistakes on book one and some portion of book two, because those were mostly rewritten from my female reader book. I don't want anyone feeling uncomfortable, so if you see any pronouns that are other than he/him used for the reader, be sure to point it out right away. I will change it immediately.