•Five•

Word Count: 1048

Warnings: Scary stuff: children, an old lady; kinda torture.

Song for chapter 5 - "Sweet Dreams" by Eurythmics.

***

"Where are we going again?" I asked Mike, trying to keep up as we made our way over a river.

"The clubhouse. Remember the one Ben built?" Mike replied.

***

"You know what? I think the door was somewhere around here." Ben said, stomping his foot around on the ground...then he fell into the floor. He indeed had found the clubhouse by stomping onto the door.

I remember the smoke. How we all sat here, waiting for a vision. Most of us left first, but Mike and Richie stayed and saw the vision.

"Found it," Ben grumbled.

We all entered the clubhouse. The height was only 5 feet, so some of the losers had to crouch. The whole place was really dusty. It had not been cleaned out for at least twenty years.

Bill found the box of shower caps from Stanley. I found an old comic book of mine. Everyone searched around and talked for a bit. I looked around to notice that Richie was missing.

"Hey, losers!" There he was. Everyone was terrified, while I was just annoyed.

...and then he came out of the shadows!

"You should have seen your faces! Except you, Y/N. Did you see me sneaking off?" Richie asked.

"No, I just noticed you missing. At least your impressions aren't as shit, as they used to be."

"Hey! My impressions were and are great, thank you very much!" Richie pretended to look offended. Mike cut us off and explained the ritual of Chüd and how we had to go and get artifacts from our childhood.

***

There was a kindergarten not far from OUR school, where I, Richie and Bill went to. Ben had dropped me off with his car, because he was going to the school. He left the car here, just in case. Now that I think about it, children were treated like shit in my kindergarten. Sure, it wasn't violent or anything, but we were pretty neglected. I guess the fund wasn't the best, so it made sense for the caretakers to be cranky.

I walked over to the wide, but short building. The parking lot was pretty much vacant, except for a few cars here and there. I walked inside the building and over to the mini room, which had windows so you could communicate with the person, who greeted the people entering. There was an old lady there.

"Hi, I've come to walk down memory lane. I used to go here. Can I take a tour?" I asked her.

"May I have your name?" She asked.

"Y/N L/N." I hesitantly replied.

"Oh, yes! I remember you! I was a substitute teacher for a while and you stood out to me from all the other children! You were my favorite." She rambled.

"That's very nice and all...can I get a tour now?" I cautiously asked, not remembering her.

"Yes, of course! Just don't awaken the children. It's nap time." She creepily added. Awaken the children? It's Saturday...

I nodded my head and walked away from the lady, searching for the specific room. Once I had found it, I took a shaky breath and opened the doors. I closed them behind me for whatever reason. I walked over to the toy box and grabbed a teddy bear out of it.

~~

"You have a weird face." A young boy by the name of Y/N said to another boy who approached him. He had huge glasses and two big front teeth.

"What-"

"Let's be friends!" The first boy smiled at him. The second boy was confused, but accepted the offer anyway.

***

"Leave me alone!" The boy screeched in pain as some random kid harshly pulled at his hair. That kid, would be a part of the infamous Bowers gang a few years later - Patrick Hockstetter. The creepy, silent guy with bugs in his pencil case.

The pain, however, was soon gone as a punch was thrown. The other boy from earlier had saved the day. Patrick - being the weirdo that he was, instead of punching back he just smiled and backed off. Richie turned to Y/N and gave him the teddy bear that he had been holding and offered him to come play with him. Y/N gladly agreed, not wanting to see Patrick's face anywhere near him ever again.

~~

I looked around to see if anybody was looking and snuck the teddy bear into my bag, that I had brought along. They would probably not approve of property being stolen. Now, of course the teddy bear wasn't in perfect condition. It was a bit torn, but seemed like it had been repaired many times.

I opened the door, which I had thankfully closed earlier, and walked out of the room. Immediately, I could sense something was wrong. I had the sudden urge to look left. I slowly turned my head to the left and I almost had a heart attack when I saw hundreds of eyes specifically on me. They were children. Children, who looked like they had gotten straight out of bed.

"Just don't awaken the children."

I was almost frozen in place, but a voice in my head yelled at me to run for my life and I obliged. I heard hundreds of footsteps chasing after me.

"YOU TOOK MY TOY!" The voices yelled, each overlapping the other.

"Technically, it's property of the kindergarten..." I muttered and noticed the lady at the front was gone, so I rushed out of the building.

I tried to get in Ben's car, but the door wouldn't budge. My dumbass realized he had the keys. I turned around to see that nobody was following me anymore. I wanted to sigh out of relief, but I knew I couldn't let my guard down. It was still somewhere here.

"Nobody will be around to protect you anymore." It whispered in my ear and I flinched, turning to my left to see IT there, waving at me enthusiastically before it got confused and disappeared.

"You found yours?" I flinched when I suddenly heard Ben.

"Yeah, uh...should we go back to everyone now?" I asked and he nodded, unlocking the car. We both got in and I finally let a breath out and laid my head back against the seat.

***

Book 3 might have a similar process to book 1. That's why it's taking less time to update lately; The last three chapters are mostly rewritten from the female version.