•Eleven•

Eleven | Hostage

Word Count: 994

Warnings: Cussing, inappropriate comments, own survival being priority, spooky and scary stuff, a bit of gore, mention of parent abuse, going head first into danger, kind of a panic attack, friends leaving friends.

Song for chapter 11 - "Where Is My Mind" by The Pixies.

***

Talking about long days, we were headed to Bill's house to see Derry's map on Bill's projector. This day seemed to be lasting forever as if something was awaited.

When we got to Bill's garage, we put our bikes down and Bill opened the garage door. I got another odd feeling in my stomach. The last time I got it, I encountered one of my worst fears. Should I leave while I still can?

I looked at the losers being distracted by Bill activating the projector. I calculated my chances of them not noticing me before something pops up. I quietly exited, taking my bike with me and sitting on it. I'm not risking my life for this shit.

I drove away, but after a while of driving I realized I had nowhere to go. I was practically abandoned now. Would my parens report me as missing, if they could torture me again? Would it be even worse, if I returned there myself? I didn't want to test that theory. They had turned abusive for no reason when 1989 had ticked it's first tock.

It was mediocre, until they trapped me inside of that basement. I don't know what happened, they were pretty nice before 1989. Maybe something awoke inside of them? Why am I even focusing so much on the number of this year?

As I wondered around in my thoughts, I almost fell off the bike when I saw a very old and abandoned big house. It looked straight out of a horror cartoon. I stared at it for a moment before the door opened, as if it was welcoming me inside. I tried continuing driving, but I couldn't move, the house was too hypnotizing. Without realizing what I was doing, I had stood up and threw my bike on the ground in the process.

I tried to stop myself, but my feet were moving towards the house on their own.

***

"Bill, you can't go in there! This is crazy!" Beverly ran after Bill as he walked closer to the creepy looking house.

"Look, you don't have to come in with me, but what happens when another Georgie goes missing, or another Betty, or another Ed Corcoran, or one of us? Are you just going to pretend it didn't happen like everyone else in this town?"

"Because I can't. I go home and all I see is that Georgie isn't there, his clothes, his toys, his stupid stuffed animals, but he isn't. So walking into this house for me... it's easier than walking into my own."  Bill spoke.

"Wow," Richie exclaimed.

"What?" Ben asked him.

"He didn't stutter once." Richie replied.

"WAIT! Um...shouldn't we have some people to keep watch? You know, just- just in case something bad happens," Stanley suggested desperately.

"Who w-w-wants to stay out here?" Bill asked. Everyone raised their hands but Beverly.

"...fuck..." Richie muttered.

"Can't believe I pulled the short straw," Richie said after they went inside the house, "you guys are lucky we're not measuring dicks."

"Shut up, Richie." Eddie quickly shut Richie up.

"I can smell that.." Eddie muttered.

"Don't breathe through your mouth," Richie warned.

"How come?"

"Because then you're eating it!" Richie said and Eddie gagged. Something had caught Richie's eye in the corner of the room by the barricaded window.

"What?" Bill asked as Richie had a terrified face expression, while holding some kind of paper.

"It-It says I'm missing..." Richie muttered and handed the paper to Bill.

"You're not missing, Richie-" Bill got cut off by Richie panicking.

"That's the city of Derry, that's mY SHIRT, THAT'S MY HAIR, THAT'S MY FACE-" Richie started freaking out.

"Calm down, this isn't real-"

"THAT'S MY NAME, THAT'S MY AGE, THAT'S THE DATE-"

"This isn't real, Richie-"

"WHAT THE FUCK?! IT SAYS I'M MISSING! AM I MISSING? WILL I DISAPPEAR?!"

"Take it easy-"

"Look at me, Richie, look at me! This isn't real. IT's playing tricks on you." Bill reassured Richie.

"Hello?" A voice sounded throughout the house and made all the losers (who pulled the short straws) turn their heads towards the sound upstairs.

"Hello?" It repeated. Everyone cautiously walked up the stairs. They all went to the room that had made the noise and noticed a person laying on the floor. You could only see the upper body of the person, since the other half was behind the door. Everyone paused in the hallway out of fear, waiting for the body to do something or react.

"Help me please!" The person, who looked like a girl cried out.

"Betty Ripsom?"

The girl seemed to be pulled back completely behind the door like someone pulled her at full force.

"Eddie..." Eddie heard someone call him and froze for a second, looking behind him.

"What are you looking for?"

"Guys, do you hear that?" Eddie said, trying to make the losers notice him.

"She was just here, where the fuck did she go?!"

"Guys?" Eddie asked yet again, hoping to catch Bill and Richie's attention.

Eddie saw an open door at the end of the hallway and immediately took out his inhaler. He slowly continued his way towards the door.

"GUYS!" Eddie had yelled out and Bill and Richie turned around to notice that Eddie was gone and his yell had been far away.

Eddie had ran towards the closed door, but the ground had closed in and there was a deep hole next to the door. He barely stopped before he accidentally fell in.

"EDDIE!" Bill yelled out and ran towards the door.

Eddie looked at the hole in front of him, not knowing what to do. Something touched his shoulder. Eddie turned around to see the leper that had terrorized him earlier.

"Time to take your pill, Eddie." The leper spoke. Eddie fainted and fell back into the hole, that was a room on a lower level. He had fallen on top of a table.

----

"Wanna play loogie?"

***

The story will become better soon. Random question of the day: What is your favourite soup?