•Twenty Two•

Word Count: 1030

Warnings: Awkward social situations, cussing, panic attack (not really, but kind of).

Song for chapter 22 - "Ribs" by Lorde.

***

"Alyssa, we literally have school!"

"Yeah, after the weekend? Why would it be weird to have it on a weekend???" Alyssa asked, genuinely confused.

"Because you're saying this out of nowhere!"

"It's not the first time one of us has been to the other's house, though?"

"What are we even going to do?"

"I don't know, like sit around watching TV, eating junk food, playing games or something like that, I guess."

"Would your mom even allow this?"

"She's out for a day. That's why I thought you could come over." She explained.

"Oh, well I'll just ask my parents. Big chance they'll say no."

"Then I'm just going to drag you here with my toy car." She threatened me.

"Wait, you have a toy car?"

"Yeah it's an old one I used to play with."

"Anyway, I'm checking back in within 5 minutes. Give me some time."

"Alright,"

I hung up the phone and went to ask my parents for permission to a sleepover at Alyssa's house. They surprisingly agreed, but not before adding unnecessary comments, something about marriage and grandkids. Ah, heterosexuals at their finest. WAIT, NO- I'm heterosexual.

"I'll be waiting. Get your ass over here or you're done for." Alyssa said over the phone and I hung it up again. I got some stuff I needed then headed over at Alyssa's house (after saying bye to my parents, of course).

It was getting dark, thankfully I had a flashlight with me, just in case. When I had arrived at the house, I noticed a familiar bike and I suspiciously stared at the house for a bit before entering, putting my own bike down on the lawn.

"Wait, I thought you said your parents weren't gonna come home 'til, like, tomorrow?" I heard an AWFULLY FAMILIAR voice speak. For god's sake, Alyssa, what have you done?

"I'm gonna go check." I heard Alyssa say and my first thought was to hide somewhere, but it would be suspicious if I hid for no reason, so I stayed in place, waiting for Alyssa to torture me again.

"Oh, hi, Y/N! Yeah, come on in, Richie's already here." She did a "friendly" smile, but I knew that was her trying to hide her shit-eating grin. Fuck you, Alyssa. I'm never going to trust you after this.

"Y/N??? Didn't know you were coming." Richie raised his eyebrows, gaze shifting from Alyssa to me.

"Oops, I guess I forgot to mention that." Alyssa pretended to look guilty. I made sure to remember to give her a death glare when Richie had turned his back on us.

"I brought some movies. You guys can pick which one we'll watch, I'm gonna go use the washroom." He awkwardly clapped his hands and went to the washroom.

"What the fuck, Alyssa?" I whisper-yelled to her after Richie was around the corner. She just shrugged her shoulders with her stupid smirk. Rightfully so, because if Richie had overheard us like some kind of dramatic movie, I might have actually slaughtered her on the spot.

We decided on picking randomly, because they were both horror movies as always. Horror movies are good, but not when you're religiously watching them and not any other genre. Jesus Christ, Richie.

He came back and Alyssa went to go get some popcorn. We set up the movie and awkwardly sat in silence on the couch. Alyssa was taking longer than usual. I hate her.

"You're a poopoohead," I sighed, doing the mouth fart thing out of boredom.

"How long does it take for someone to make popcorn?! We should just watch the movie and kick her out." Richie complained.

"Yeah, probably-"

"Uh, guys, I just accidentally burned the popcorn, so I will have to search around the house for more. You can just start the movie without me. I'll be there in a moment." Alyssa frantically told us, rushing around the house. Well, props to her for knowing how to act, I guess. We could hear her shuffling around the cabinets as Richie started the movie.

Throughout the movie, Richie had somehow ended up closer to me on the couch, because he got scared at a few of the jump scares. Oh god, this really is turning into a dramatic romance movie- where the fuck is Alyssa??? It's been like half an hour or something. I was going to call out to her and ask her what the fuck was taking her so long, but I turned around to see Richie staring at me.

"Uh..." I furrowed my eyebrows at him in confusion. He seemed zoned out. This continued for a few seconds and I was about to speak up, but

WHAT THE FUCK HIS LIPS ARE ON MINE WHAT IS HAPPENING I'M GONNA SHIT MYSELF WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO-

"I'M SO SORRY, THAT WAS AN ACCIDENT! PLEASE IGNORE THAT EVER HAPPENED!" He frantically stuttered out and I immediately noped out of there, dashed into the washroom and locked the door.

"What the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck" I muttered to myself, quickly turned the faucet on and splashed my face with ice cold water, which scared me that it distracted me for a second, but I quickly snapped out of it and kept freaking out.

Why did he kiss me??????????? I wish I could bury myself underground. I am so fucking confused.

"Hey, Y/N, you alright in there?" I heard Alyssa approach the door with a soft voice. She was fucking spying on us. Of course she was fucking spying on us. I had to get out of here.

"...did you get the popcorn?" I asked and my voice sounded strained.

"Yeah, now come out here when you're ready. If you're planning on escape, I wouldn't recommend that, because it's dark outside and you'd have to explain to your parents why you came back so late." She whispered, trying to get Richie not to hear, I guess, but what would be the point? Everything's fucked already anyway.

I sighed, cautiously opening the door and exiting the washroom. Alyssa looked at me with a pitying look.

***

WE'RE FINALLY GETTING SOMEWHERE WOOOO LET'S GOOOOO!!! Anyway, hi it's been like a week since I updated, which isn't the worst time gap, so yay! How's your day been?