conversation of a mother and a daughter

It was 6 pm when Jessi and I finally went home after eating and shopping.

It was obvious she was tired as I saw her plop on the couch while massaging her temples.

I sighed softly and placed down the items that we bought.

"Go upstairs and rest in my room. I know you're tired, so get plenty enough of sleep. I'll call you for dinner later."

She then stood up and gave me a quick hug before rushing upstairs.

I saw mom just got out of the bathroom while wiping her wet hands onto her black tee, that now has a wet stain because of her hands.

"How's your hangout with Jess sweetheart?"

She said while approaching me, and picking up the things we bought to put besides our dining area.

"It's fine. We catched up over a few things. Oh! And before I forget, she finally got engaged with her long-time boyfriend!"

I replied while helping her pick up and arrange the shopping bags.

"That's very good to hear! I had always wondered when that boy of hers would put a ring on it, but then it finally happened! I guess my mother instincts are always right."

She chuckled softly and clapped her hands after finally placing down the last item.

"For two girls, the way you shop is indeed very impressive. You almost bought the whole mall with this"

She joked and approached me.

I smiled widely as she embraced me in her arms.

Mom raised me alone, as her and dad divorced after a fight.

I know being a single mom is very hard, that's why I always appreciate whatever my mom does to me.

Me and dad aren't in bad terms either. We frequently meet up and call each other.

But a reason that we can't be a whole family again, is because he has another family.

A happy family.

Sometimes, I wished to be selfish just once and to tell my father about how I really feel about this whole situation.

But I just can't seem to bring up the topic.

I'm too weak.

My mom broke the hug and patted my shoulder.

"You have gotten really tall. I missed the days when you were just a little taller than my knee, and that you always hold my hand wherever we go. You were so shy back then but look at you know! You have many friends, and maybe even a boyfriend or a girlfriend."

She winked at me after she said the last sentence.

I blushed and hit her softly.

"Yah mom! I know I'm 19 now, but I'm not rushing on finding a boyfriend or a girlfriend okay? And besides, I'm straight as a ruler."

I replied.

"Whatever you say."

She said and rolled her eyes playfully, before going back to her room.

I just pouted and sat on the couch.

*Ding*

A sound came from my phone.

I opened it and the pout on my lips was immediately replaced by a smile.

From: Kook

Sorry for the late reply. I was busy. Btw, hi! How are you?❣️

  ~︎︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎~

Filler chapter again! we got a little bit of lisa's back story, and a mom and daughter moment. Sorry for the lack of lk scenes. The next chapter would have some.