TWO

"Um, hi

"Um, hi." I offered a small, awkward wave at the room.

Within seconds of being alone with these girls their postures changed completely, some flung off their boots, others un-tucked their T-shirt's, bras came off and they relaxed.

A few of them flopped back down on their beds resuming their prior chatter, completely disinterested in my arrival.

"Harper, I'm Caitlin you need any help unpacking your things?" The girl from the next bed asked. She looked sweet with small features and dark hair. I opened my mouth to speak but another girl interrupted.

"Don't let her help, she's a known kelepto. I'm holly." She reached out to shake my hand, she had a strong shake and tattoos covered her hand and fingers. "What are you here for?" She asked, flopping down on the bed next to me.

I debated not telling anyone my story but then I just decided to go for it after all, like me, everyone was forced into this bootcamp by law. We had all committed crimes in some way or another so they were likely to understand better than anyone.

"I was sort of involved with a gang, narrowly escaped jail because my uncle is a cop and was friends with the judge. Instead I got sentenced to two years of bootcamp followed by two years of community service." I kept the information minimal and just shrugged casually, unpacking my belongings into a big trunk located next to my bed. I didn't have much, I wasn't allowed to bring much.

"So this is your first time at bootcamp?" Caitlin asked, eyeing up my possessions. I nodded. "You can tell by the things you've chosen to bring." She confessed with a small laugh.

I brought clothes, many different outfits and makeup. Essentially, I packed for a holiday camp not a detention bootcamp.

"For future reference, bring one pair of pajamas or comfortable clothes and then a whole suitcase of snacks. The food in this place is dire and the activities are going to make you wish you went to jail." Holly told me, Caitlin nodded in agreement.

I sighed remembering the attractive Lieutenant had added on fifteen more laps of the track, whatever that meant.

I wasn't one to go the gym and eat healthily, quite the opposite. I would binge watch Netflix and snack way over my stomachs capacity.

There was no doubt in my mind that this bootcamp was likely to be the last nail in my coffin.

"I already earned myself fifteen extra laps from that robot." I spoke through gritted teeth.

"Axel? The Lieutenant?" Caitlin asked with a high pitched tone and a flirtatious smile. I nodded again.

"He's so fucking hot, it really is such a shame." She sighed sadly.

"Such a shame, about what?" I asked, interest peeked now.

"It's a shame he is such a hard ass. He doesn't like people in general and they made him vow not to fuck any of the recruits." another girl shouted from across the room.

"Wait, have people tried to fuck him?" I sat down on my bed, it felt springy. The mattress was thin and I knew I would feel absolutely every lump and bump in it.

"Many. They get sent away to prison, three disciplinaries and you're carted off. Hannah is right, Axel is so far off the radar it's almost not even worth lusting after him." Caitlin informed me.

"Name me one girl who doesn't lust after him, he's gorgeous and terrifying, that authority has me wetter than the Great Barrier Reef." Another girl crudely joined our conversation.

"I don't." Holly defended.

"Yeah because you're as lesbian as they come." The same girl shouted. Holly just nodded in agreement.

"Sometimes, when we're on the field and he's shouting at us in the way that he does I like to imagine him naked. I bet he has a really long one, skinny and long." Caitlin gushed. I bit back a smile, the Great Barrier Reef girl headed over to our bed.

"No, long and thick. Who wants skinny? It's all about the girth." The girl stated making a wide circle shape with her hand. Holly shook her head in amusement.

"I imagine him naked too." She said. "When he's really mad and making you do extra because he claims you didn't try hard enough I imagine him with a micro penis." She wiggled her little finger at us.

Laughter filled the room from all angles, even from the girls who decided not to be part of our conversation.

"Seriously Harper, there's plenty of delinquent guys enrolled into bootcamp here to sneak around with, some of the lower rank privates will give you a tussle as well if you're into that kind of thing. But the Lieutenant won't even let you close and don't bother trying, you'll be hauled off into a police car before you can even say 'guilty.' I'm Nicole by the way."

"I wouldn't dream of it." I replied quietly.

A bell rang from outside our shed and everyone started rising to their feet.

"Quickly dress, it's dinner time." Caitlin pumped up her hair in a blurred mirror and headed towards the door.

Immediately I pulled on the army slacks provided for me. There was no way I could make them look presentable or even the slightest bit nicer but I pulled on my black tank top and raced over to the cafeteria before the dinner bell stopped ringing.

The hall was large and filled with the bare minimum.

Blue tables lay across the floor, each one filled with men and women tucking into white slop on a plastic plate. I slipped into my seat discretely next to Caitlin and sheepishly picked up my spoon.

"What is this?" I asked letting the thick paste fall from my spoon a few times before daring to take a bite.

"It's best not to ask, I'm not entirely sure." She replied.

My eyes scanned the room, people were tucking into their food without complaints.

My eyes fell on the Lieutenant, he was leaning casually against the wall, arms folded across his muscular torso and his foot resting behind him, bent at the knee. The dark hues of his eyes scanned over the room slowly, making sure everything was in order.

Until they landed on mine.

My heart skipped a beat. I don't know if I felt nervous because I had been caught looking at him or if I felt nervous because he was ridiculously attractive but unattainable. I swallowed, keeping my blue eyes hooked onto his.

His eyes sharpened, warning me from across the room to look away but I didn't. I held his desolate gaze. Even from across the room his eyes were a thing of beauty, they were a shade of mahogany brown. Almost tinged amber, especially whenever the natural sunlight hit them. His eyes seemed kind but his personality reeked of danger.

Secretly a sly smile tugged at the corner of his lips, one capable of sending cold shivers shooting up my spine in an almost painful way. It was a smile that told me he was going to make me pay, punish me for challenging him. Yet I still couldn't pull my eyes away.

I was too used to rebelling against all of the rules. I never did respond well to authority figures and for some reason he made me want to test him. Drive him wild with my misbehavior and show him who was really the boss here.

A measly Lieutenant in charge of hundreds of training army recruits or a small town girl who held a convenience store up at gun point with her gang leader ex boyfriend.

The slowest of smirks grew on my face, mirroring his exact expression and he noticed because his enchanting eyes narrowed into a scowl.

Game on Lieutenant Axel.