Eight

I managed to get into the staff quarters unscaved again

I managed to get into the staff quarters unscaved again. I headed straight for the shower block, desperately needing to get out of these wet clothes and to cleanse my hair and body.

I striped naked immediately and placed my wet clothes into a plastic bag tying it into a knot at the top and dumping it on the floor.

Then I opened the shower door and switched the water on to heat it up for a few seconds while I used the bathroom.

As I sat on the toilet I inspected the palms of my hands which still hurt from doing all of that body lifting up and down the ten foot fence.

Blisters had started form on the friction burns layering the surface of my skin.

Once I was done in the bathroom I opened the toilet door to be hit with the warm steam from the shower and I smiled to myself knowing how warm and luxurious this was going to feel after the day from hell I just had.

As I made my way to the shower the door handle started moving and I could hear the commanders voice talking to someone on the other side. I froze on the spot, not knowing what to do.

I was stark naked, inside a shower block that was strictly off limits. I was already on my first disciplinary and if I was caught in here then I would definitely be sent away.

I looked to the shower door, I could hide in there.

The commander would likely see and hear it's occupied then leave.

The door handle shook again, this time getting pulled down and as fast as my sore legs could carry me I opened the shower door and stepped inside.

"What the fu—" I slammed my hand over his mouth.

He looked like he had seen a ghost, shocked, pale, confused, angry. It was honestly the most human I had seen him yet.

In silence we stared at one another as the water fell over our bodies. I could feel his frantic breaths hitting my hand from his flaring nostrils. He must have entered the shower while I was using the toilet.

As hard as it was I managed to keep my eyes from travelling anywhere but his face but I did note he was still wearing his dog tags on a chain around his neck.

"Axel are you in here?" The commander called from behind the shower door.

I closed my eyes, screwing up my face tightly for how utterly bad I had just fucked up right now. I knew I was as good as dead but I had no choice but to release my hand from his lips and wait for him to rat me out.

He hesitated to reply, staring at me with alarmed eyes as if my face alone could offer him an explanation. Instead it only silently pleaded for him to protect me.

"Yes Sir." Axel replied, sounding a little startled.

"Okay son, let me know when you're done." The commander shouted and then the sound of the door filled the room once more.