chapter 14

lizzie

"But uhm, I'm not quite sure how to ask this but, Hope how did I, and everyone else, forget you?"I ask. Hope swallows like whatever she is about to say is going to hurt. "I threw myself into Malivore." she says, so quick I almost don't catch it. "I'm sorry you did what?!" I exclaim did she just tell me she launched herself into a hell-dimension or is this vampire brain of mine going crazy? She looks down before continuing, "I jumped into Malivore." I feel like my eyes might just fall out of their sockets. "You jumped into a hell-dimension mud monster that has been sending us monsters for the past couple of months?" she looks up her pale skin shining in the sunlight that makes part of her auburn hair look ginger some times and I remember why I used to be so jealous of her growing up. Other than my dad favoriting her over his own daughters. She is definitely the only one of her kind, not just in the supernatural way. Lizzie, focus!! She takes a deep breath before responding "Yep. I don't know why I did it I thought it was going to stop him and it did but it expelled me eventually. I don't know it was just really selfish I geus but also really lonely." I take a deep breath as I look at the girl I had found selfish and self righteous my entire childhood whilst being tossed aside for her by a distracted and overprotective father and fail to see any of those things to be true in this moment. Except that I was tossed aside by my dad. I don't think I find her to be as selfish as I have growing up. "I don't think your intentions or actions were selfish not even by a stretch. They might not have been the most calculated." she snorts which is absolutely adorable, what am I doing? Before I know it im holding both her hands in mine so she will look me in the eyes. "You did what you thought was right. I understand. I'm sorry that it didn't have the outcome you had hoped for it to have." She looks down at our hands but doesn't erase them from mine. When she looks up at me her emerald green eyes are glossed over and sparkle in the moonlight. I squeeze her hands to comfort her slightly surprised that she doesn't pull them away from me. Before I know I sit us both down on the ground and pull her into my lap and play with her hair to try and comfort her. "I missed you liz." she whispers whilst looking off into the endless woods around the old mill. "I missed you Mikealson. I missed you when I couldn't even really remember that you existed." I say not looking at her worrying that I'll wake up from this dream I'm clearly having. She stays quiet but I can feel her chest expand as she breaths slowly in and out. "What are you doing tomorrow?" the words leave my mouth before my brain can catch up. She looks at me frown set in her forehead. "Skipping school." she eventually answers in the flattest tone she's used all night. "Why?" I ask. Hope wasn't the most involved student but skipping for something other than monster duties wasn't something that usually was part of her book. "Helping you of course. Unless you rather have Kaleb or MG help you with your bloodlust and new powers." she says it like it was obvious this entire time. It might've been, maybe I'm just oblivious right now. I've never seen a sight quite like Hope Andrea Mikealson relaxed in the moonlight. "Thank you. I'd much prefer you over them. no offense to them." "Good. I wouldn't want anyone stealing you from me now that I've got you back." after that leaves her mouth she looks absolutely mortified . "I didn't mean it like that, I wasn't trying to imply that you were an object that could be stolen from me I just meant.." i shuts her up by pressing the palm of my hand to her mouth she stops talking but licks my hand before i has the chance to pull away. I giggle and say " First of all ew. Second I wasn't going to let anyone steal you from me now that I got YOU back either."

Her cherry lips smile at me as I see her eyes get tired and her brain preparing itself to leave behind them. "I should really get to bed." she says with a yawn that I can't distinguish is real or fake. "Yeah same I guess." she get up from my lap and smooths over her clothes. She prepares to leave and I have to push the words out before she's gone. "Hope." she turns around with a slightly hopeful look in her eyes. "Yes?" she questionably answers. "I don't want to be weird but uhm you jumping into a hell dimension kind of erases your number from my phone and I don't know when I'm going to see you again?" I say it as a question even if I didn't intend it to be a question. She walks up to me and holds her hand out waiting for me to place my phone in it. I quickly get it from my pocket relieved when I see it's not dead and unlock it before giving my phone to hope. She quickly types her number into my phone before handing it back to me. "Here text me, make it memorable Saltzman." She says while blowing me a kiss before she disappears into the night and me returning myself to my dorm.