Chapter 2

Lizzie
After another therapy session with no helpfull progress I go for a drive. Tomorrow I'm going back to mystic falls for the start of the new year. Confused as ever but other than that the sharpest I've been mentally in a while according to my therapist. I drive through mountains and fields. Purple flowers, purple dress, cloudy sky, bleu-grey eyes, pouring rain, light tears. Everything leads back to who I have forgotten. But they feel so familiar. I can't help it. I go get ice cream and drive back so I have an useful excuse if anyone asks where I went. When I get to my moms and I's stay. She asks how therapy was I lie and say it went well, then I go to my room. I get my diary out and write about the girl in my mind. Then I hide it and shower. I close my eyes as I feel the water hit my skin. The ticking is driving me insane. Dress, hair, eyes, gone. Dress, hair, eyes, gone.
I throw my head back and the water hits my face so it muffles the sound as I silent scream. The water shocks a little from the magic I release when I scream and then it goes back to softly hitting my skin. Then my mind goes blank and I have a clear picture of a light grey wolf. It only lasts for a second but it's clear enough for me to remember. "Are you a werewolf?" I whisper. No response ofcourse but it was a new piece of the puzzle about this person that I love or loved or whatever. I get out of the shower and get into my soft bed. As I close my eyes I dream about grey Wolves and grey eyes. With the hope to find them when I go back to mystic falls in the morning.
The next morning
I wake up trying not to scream. I saw her again. The girl with grey eyes. I discovered she was a girl last night in what I think was a dream. But it felt so familiar. I still don't know what her name is though, maybe I'll remember today. Today is a good day, I'm going home today.

After a car ride that felt like forever I finally arrive at Salvatore. When I pull up to the building my sister is already waiting for me. I jump out of the car and run into her arms. "Josie! Oh how I've missed you." "Right back at ya lizz. Now tell me everything that I've missed." Josie and I go for coffee as I catch her up to everything that happened, leaving out the parts about the girl without a name obviously.
When we're done catching up I'm stuck with her, my dad and my sisters mophead boyfriend. I try and participate in conversation as good as I can but I keep thinking about the girl I have forgotten. When we arrive home I go to bed as soon as possible to dream of abaurn hair and soft smiles.

Hope
When I wake up and remember where I am I go wash myself in a body of water and make my way into the heart of mystic falls. Luckily I had money in my back-pocket and I can get myself some breakfast. When I arrive at mystic grill I see what I think is the new sheriff after sherif Donovan left. She looks like she's investigating. I go sit at a place where I know they have good waffles and get what I can with the little money I had in my back pocket. When I finish I go and make my way to mystic falls high. Where I meet Alaric. How? What? Why? The father of the love of my life is also now my principal and he doesn't remember who I am, great. "So, hope marshal, there is nothing to find about you. So what's going on with that?" "My parents and I we move around a lot. So schools and stuff normally don't bother to keep up with my information." "I find that hard to believe miss Marshal." The name of my mother from Alaric's mouth stings but I won't show that and calmly answer, " My parents are lousy with paper work. I'm sorry I'll get on it. But I would still like an education principal, Saltzman is it?" Another name that hurts even though my nonchalance hides it well. "Saltzman, yes indeed." "Could I get that here? An education I mean?" "Yes ofcourse miss marshal. I'll get you inrolled right this moment. Here's your schedule." "Thank you principal Saltzman, have a good day." She leaves the principal office and bolts to the bathroom. As soon as she hears the door hit close behind her she feels the tears go down her face. She hates to admit it but seeing Lizzie with someone else and then being greeted by lizzies father at her attempt of an escape hurts.

She's trying to fix herself when a young woman walks in whilst on the phone. "Babe. No I don't. Yes tonight at 8. Just sneak out. Yeah. I'll see you. I love you too park." Park.. as in Penelope? Does this girl know Penelope? I've never seen her around the school before. But then again Penelope has even the townies wrapped around her finger. Josie was devastated when she and Penelope broke up. Penelope moved on I Geus. But then again so did Josie. "You okay?" I get pulled out of my thoughts by a rich, honey-like voice. "Uhm, yes just anxious, first day stuff you know." "I get it. I was new last year nerve wrecking. Here you can borrow my lipgloss."
"Thank you..." "maya." The dark haired girl says confidently whilst sticking out her hand for hope to shake. "Hope" she hesitantly responds. "Boy problems?" "Kind of, you could say that." "Don't worry girl I'll fix you up we'll make him jealous." Hope is overthrown by mayas confident act of kindness but does not refuse. After maya fixes hopes hair and make up she feels like a new woman. "Viola" hope stares at herself in the mirror. She looks really good, like hot good. "Thank you." She says not knowing how to act. "No prob. What class you have." They make their way to classes and when lunch time comes hope decides to go sit with maya at lunch.

"Hey." Hope greets maya. "Hey hope! You sitting with us for lunch?" Maya asks. "Sure." Hope sits down as she sees the Timberwolf guys enter the cafeteria. She sees some faces she's seen before from when the timberwolves vandelized the school, and then a new face. A brunette guy, serious look in his eyes. Not making a scene like the other guys he seems to be looking for someone. Then he waves and walks directly at her. When she looks next to her she sees maya waving. Wait he's coming over here shit, I'm not good with people. Before I know it the boy sits down across from me at our table. "Hey maya. And you are.." "This is hope. She's new." Maya answers for me. "Ethan." He introduces himself to me, offering his hand for me to shake. "Hope." I introduce. "Nice to meet you Hope. You new?" "Yes I moved here with my parents. Dads business stuff." It hurts to lie on my dads name but I need some believable low key story. "Well welcome to mystic falls high." "Thank you."

After some conversation the bell rings and they make their way to class. Hope tries to keep conversation with maya but has a hard time focusing. Because every time she sees blonde hair she feels a stabbing pain in her chest, Lizzie Saltzman.