chapter 13

lizzie

Hope moves back and I let go of her. "Wait. You died?" "Yes, Sebastian killed me. It's okay, I'm okay." I move back and take hope in a tight Hug again until my dad clears his throat and catches my attention. "Elizabeth, sweetie. I am so glad that you're okay but you do realize that you are in the middle of a human high school right?" I did not think about that. Fuck. "No I did not. What have I done?" My dad already has his phone pressed to his ear. "I'm calling Kaleb and Milton to help with damage control. You two make sure that no one that saw that interaction leaves the building." Hope and I spend to all the exits locking all the students in and waiting for the boys to arrive whilst trying to keep everyone calm. "What happened?" Kaleb asks. "I might have told the entire school that I'm a vampire." I confess. "You're a what?!" Milton exclaims. "A vampire. I'll explain later just make sure that the humans don't remember please! I don't know how to work my compulsion yet!" "Oh we will. You ready Kaleb?" "Always." the boys speed through the school telling the students the new truth faster than human ears would be able to comprehend but nonetheless it seems to work. I turn to Hope "Let's get out of here, shall we." I take her hand and speed out of the school I don't stop until I'm at the old mill.  "Way better." 

"Now!! Explain!?!" Hope exclaims. "Okay so I was looking for you, well your aunt actually and that was supposed to lead me to you. So I had convinced Sebastian to take me to New Orleans and tell me everything he knew about your dad and the rest off your family because I knew you were a Mikealson." "How did you know I was a Mikealson?" hope asks with curious eyes. "I had a vision in my sleep with the Mikealson name. I had these dreams almost every night actually." I blush admitting to dreaming about her every night but it's the truth. "That's why when I saw you at the game I thought I recognized you but didn't think it was you because you went with your moms name." "Yeah I thought it was easier to use her name." "Understandable. But then your aunt wasn't home, so we stayed in this mansion because obviously I didn't want Sebastian to find out I was looking for you. But nonetheless he did and let's just say that he was not pleased to know that I wasn't there for him." I can see hope's brain catching up so I take a little break. "When he found out he slipped a vile of my mothers blood into my wine. Not wanting him to suspect anything I drank the whole glass not knowing it contained blood and then he told me that he read my research. He then went to say that I was a liar and then began manhunt on me with his little vampire buddies. I outran them but he ticked me in a dance, which was stupid and then he snapped my neck and left. So when I died my memories of you returned and went to look for you. And now I'm here." I finished explaining the entire story. 

"So now you're a vampire?" "Correct." "And you remember.." "Everything." I smiled at her. She has tears in her eyes as she smiles back at me. "I just never thought that you would remember me. Like ever again." I laugh at her. "Like I could ever forget you. You cried onto my expensive as dress jacket at miss mystic falls remember. Oh I remember when someone ruins my clothes." I joke and she laughs as a tear escapes the corner of her eyes. Before I realize what I'm doing I wipe it of her cheek. "Sorry. I don't know why I did that. I- I don't know." "No no don;'t apologize  it's fine" she smiles back. "How's the hunger going?" she asks me. I almost forgot about the whole blood-thirst thing until the brought it up. "It's okay. I probably don't have any of it under control but for right now it's fine. I actually almost forgot while talking to you." I laugh at my dumb comment. "Sorry, that was cheesy." she puts her hand on my knee to comfort me. "No it's not I'm glad that means that you are comfortable around me. Not that it matters, I could easily fight you off if you lost control." she jokes. "But you won't I'll help you." she reassures me. "I'm glad to have you back Mikealson." "You have no idea how happy I am." she smiles back at me.

hope

I enjoy the embrace but then my thoughts start racing. Did she just say that she died?? I move myself out of her arms and ask If I heard her correctly. "Wait. You died?" I ask to check if I heard het correctly. "Yeah Sebastian killed me. But it's okay, I'm okay." Who the fuck is Sebastian? Is that the guy I saw her with on my first night back from malivore? Then I can hear Alaric clear his throat and Lizzie looks up at her dad.  "Elizabeth. Sweetie I am so glad that you're okay, but you do realize that you're in the middle of a human high school?" as the realization that we are indeed at mystic falls high and not Salvatore I can see the panic rise in lizzies eyes. "No I did not. What have I done?" she starts to panic. Alaric is already on the phone for damage control. "You two, make sure that no one leaves the building." he commands. We speed to every exit and lock all of them to then try and calm the students down. Before I realize it Kaleb and MG are right behind us. "What happened?" Kaleb questions. "I might have told the entire school that I'm a vampire." Lizzie confesses, guilt clear on her voice. "You're a what?" MG exclaims. "A vampire. and I can't do compulsion yet." she explains. I know that seeing that I'm part vampire that I should be able to do it, but my vamp side hasn't been activated and the boys have no clue who I am. The boys start doing their thing as lizzie turns to me. "Let's get out of here shall we?" she says with sparkles in her eyes. She takes my hand and before I know it we're standing in the old mill. "Way better." she calmly states.

'Now?!Explain!!" I exclaim wanting her to fill me in how in the hell she remembers me and how she became a vampire. " Okay so I was looking for your aunt actually and that was supposed to lead me to you.So I had convinced Sebastian to take me to New Orleans and tell me everything that he knew about your dad and the rest of your family because I knew you were a Mikealson." Wait how could she have known I was a Mikealson? "How did you know I was a Mikealson?" I ask. "I had a vision in my sleep with the Mikealson name. I had those kind of dreams every night actually." she sheepishly smiles as her cheeks slowly gain color. "That's why when I saw you at the game, I thought I recognized you but I didn't think it was you because you went with your moms name." "Yeah I thought it was easier to use her name." I explain. She continues "Understandable. But then your aunt wasn't home , so we stayed in this mansion because obviously I didn't want Sebastian to find out I was looking for you. Bu nonetheless he did find out and he was not pleased to know that I was not there for him." she stops for a moment while my thoughts catch up with what she just said, she talk fast when she is explaining something. she continues, "When he found out he slipped a vile of my moms blood into my wine. I didn't want him to suspect anything so I drank the entire glass not knowing it contained blood even if it did taste weird. He then told me that he had read my research, then he went on to call me a liar and he and his vampire buddies had a manhunt on me for an hour which he said if I could outrun them for an hour he would let me go, which was a lie obviously. I outran them but he tricked me to have one last dance with him and snapped my neck. He left after that but when I died my memories of you returned and I went to look for you and now I'm here." she was almost out of breath from explaining all that.

"So now you're a vampire?" I check. "Correct." she confirms. "And you remember?" "Everything." she assures me. I can feel the tears coming up in her eyes as i try to smile back at her. "I just never thought you would remember me. Like ever again." she laughs at me. "Like I could ever forget you. You cried into my expensive ass dress jacket at miss mystic falls remember. Oh I remember when someone ruins my clothes." I laugh at her because it's so much of a lizzie thing to say. I feel a tear roll over my cheek as Lizzie brushes her thumb to catch it. "Sorry. I don't know why I did that, I-i don't know." she stumbles over her words. "No don't apologize it's fine." I assure her. "How's the hunger thing going?" I change the subject. "It's okay. I probably don't have it under control for right now it's fine." she answers. I'm glad, it normally takes a lot of strength. I'm sure that she just doesn't realize it yet though. "I actually almost forgot about it while talking to you." my heart leaps to my stomach. She laughs. it's my favorite  sound. "Sorry that was cheesy." she apologizes. I put my hand on her knee to try and comfort her. "No it's not. I'm glad, that means that you're comfortable around me. Not that it matters, I could easily fight you off if you lost control." I joke to lighten her mood. I see her get a little worried so I assure her "You won't I'll help you." she smiles at me. "I'm glad to have you back Mikealson." "You have no idea how happy I am." I tell her. and I mean it, she has no idea how long I've waited for us to be together like this again since the moment I jumped into the pit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reunion yeeaahhh!! so happy to finally write interactions between them. I hope you like the story so far! let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know. Stay safe and stay healthy everyone. love you all. xoxo saar <3