chapter 9

lizzie

When I wake up I realize rather quickly that I was drooling onto my book. shit. I quickly fix it by doing a spell and hurry out of the library. I manage to not be seen by anyone important and quickly fix myself in my room before I'm off to training. I've been training for awhile now, in private of course. I punch bags and practice some offensive magic. Which wasn't allowed before but now with the new headmaster he doesn't mind if I miss classes to do independent trainings. I find my usual spot and start. I put down a glass bottle and focus my magic onto it until it explodes. The glass flies to random directions and I cast a protection spell so it doesn't cut me. "Training Elizabeth?" fuck, Sebastian. "Yes Sebastian now shoe." "Wouldn't you love to get out of here?" I look over at him confused. "What in the ever-loving fuck would you mean by that Sebastian." he steps closer, I want to step away but for some reason my feet won't budge. "Well Elizabeth. This school is somewhat pathetic. You are extraordinary and they're too blind to see that." what is this vamp going off about. I mean I am great he's not wrong but why is he praising me? he smiles. "Elizabeth. I'd love to show you this place, it's an hour drive. Way better than here. You deserve a place as marvelous as you are." "What place?" "New Orleans." New Orleans, that's the place where Klaus and Hayley both died and lived. Maybe I can find hope there. "I'd love to Sebastian." "You better." he chimes.

"Let me just get changed, get my stuff and do some damage control. I'll meet you in an hour at the gates." "I'll bring the car." I turn around and quickly sneak into my room. I change into something practical but that would still convince Sebastian that I'm trying to impress him. I quickly take my laptop, my research and my diary and make my way outside through a route that only I know off. I used to take it when I was having a hard time and didn't want anyone to find me. I also took some research from Josie that was titled the merge, maybe I can figure out what she's been up to, pure curiosity. I meet Sebastian and his car out back. "Looking elegant Elizabeth. I love this color on you." my distraction worked. Good. "Why thank you Sebastian. Are you ready for our adventure?" "I most certainly am. You will have never seen such beauty as New Orleans." as long as I find what I need. Sebastian takes my luggage and throws it in the trunk and opens the door for me before I can turn to do it myself. "M'lady." "How very kind off you." he doesn't know who he's leading me to, how kind.

The entire car ride I pretend to be interested in Sebastians stories of the brutal killings of his past. I have my research on my lap and start figuring out which place in New Orleans I'd visit to crack the lock on the mystery of Hope Mikealson. "Sebastian, do you know of any Mikealson family members that might be alive?" I ask as nonchalantly as I can manage. "Yes. There's Freya, Koll, Rebekha and their partners." "Oh cool. Do you know any off them?" he chuckles. "Yes actually I used to have this thing with Rebekah?" I tried to sound jealous just to make my chance of making this seem like I was actually interested higher. "Rebekah huh? What was she like." he chuckles. "Yes. Her brothers and that Marcel weren't so happy with her infatuation with me but can you blame her?" he's so fucking cocky. "No you really can't." I tried to say it genuinely. "Did any of them have children?" "Don't be silly Elizabeth. Vampire's can't have children, you know this." he said it jokingly but I felt a layer of venom underneath. Then we passed the sign that told me we had arrived in new Orleans.

hope

I wake up with muscles sore from the game and the celebration of the past night. I slept at maya's place on the ground. I had more dreams of Lizzie last night but that's nothing new. I stand up which is easier than I thought and go downstairs to ask the sherif if I'm allowed to shower at their house. She tells me that's it fine and points me into the direction of the bathroom. I take my first real shower in what feels like ages. The water washes the soreness from my muscles and the dull feeling that you get when you don't shower and only wash yourself in waters in nature. I change into some clean underwear and clothes that Maya let me borrow from her. It's a lot less comfortable as my usual attire but I'll deal.

I enter the school and everyone is excited. Maya, who I didn't even realize left reunites with us. "Guys, hello. You will not believe what just got posted. The dates for the next school dance!!" damn it, school dances are not my thing, like at all. normally I wouldn't even go but I need to blend in "Ohh so exciting. When is the date?" this friday!! "Sounds great Maya." "Oh I'm going to tell Penelope. She'll definitely be my date." she practically dances off into the hall and I chuckle as Ethan opens his locker behind me. "A dance huh? Any chance you'll go?" he asks. "Well I think that Maya will feed me to the wolves if I don't." I joke. "Well I mean if you want, we could, I don't know, go together." he stutters. "I mean yeah I think that's the best way to go, you know with a friend." I see glimpse of disappointment in his eyes but he quickly picks himself up. "Yeah, as friends of course." "Sounds great Ethan." we walk to class and we text maya about all the details. God i know that if lizzie was here she wouldn't be able to stop talking about it. But she's not so i'll just keep my head down and pretend to enjoy this fuzz without her.
----------------------------------------------------
An update yeah! I'm trying to work to some major plot point I don't know if it's working but after the plotpoint we can finally get some romance on whoop whoop!!