chapter 8

lizzie

When I wake up I practically scream. I saw the something while dreaming. Something dark. I saw my sister with black veins and dark eyes, saw Sebastian getting hungry for blood, and I saw the auburn haired girl jump into a pit of goo. Josie practically runs up to me to check if I'm okay. When I see she's fine and her normal self I calm down and reassure her five times that everything's fine and that it was just a nightmare. Today we're visiting mystic falls high, and I'm not happy about it. The people there are always mean to me. But the new headmaster and dad have decided that for us to look normal we have to do activities with the town folk. So we're visiting their annual pep rally. I get out of bed and go take a shower to scrub of last nights dream. I can't get Sebastian's veiny eyes out of my mind. Even if it was just a bad dream. When I'm ready I go sit in the school buss and stare out of the window. When we arrive at Salvatore I already hate the day. The last time I was here my mortal enemy puked her guts out, literally and I'm not sure today is going to go much better. When we enter the school's gym and take a seat the pep rally can start. The cheerleaders run on and I spot Penelope's girlfriend. I reckon she's head cheerleader. Penelope really does not have a type. This girl is the exact opposite of Josie. But she is pretty, I have to admit. When the cheerleaders are done the football comes on and the crowd cheers loudly . I see the guy I spotted the auburn haired girl with at the party. He's the quarterback, classic. I get a spark of hope that my girl might be on the cheer squad but my hope is crushed. Until I see a girl in a football uniform run on as she gets lifted by the rest of the team and carried through the gym. She looks so out of place, being held up high by testosterone and teenage bullshit. But she still manages to look like absolute art. She meets my eyes and all the air is sucked out of the room. I'm in a trance until she pulls her eyes from mine. She looks hurt before she plasters on the biggest smile and goes with the hype of the team. I feel compelled to walk up to her but get held back when she gets carried out by the team and leaves from my sight. 

I arrive back at Salvatore and open my laptop to search for the information on the mystic falls football team. I find exactly what I was looking for, a list of the players' names. My eyes run over the screen and past all the pictures of the kids until my eyes land on the girl I was looking for. I look down and see that her name is Hope Marshal. Hope. It's weird, I reckoned her name would've been Mikealson from the vision I had a few nights back. I start research and I can't find anything for Hope Marshall nor Hope Mikealson. She's a complete ghost. I do find more articles about Klaus Mikealson and Hayley Marshal but nothing that points to them having a child together. Who are you Hope Marshall and are you the same person as Hope Mikealson?

hope

I'm awaken by the sunlight that tickles my skin and when I open my eyes I realize I fell asleep in the woods with Ethan. "Shit!" I mutter and Ethan wakes up. "Where..?, Hope what happened?" "We fell asleep in the middle of the woods last night and we have school in 30 minutes." Ethan jumps up and we hurry back to his house where I freshen up and borrow some clothes from Maya before we leave for school so that  we make it just in time.  "Thank you so much Maya. And also thank you for letting me shower and eat here sherif." "Oh please call me Mac." "Will do. But thank you for letting me shower and eat." "Of course friends of Maya and Ethan are always welcome here. Besides I wanted to meet you anyways, Ethan hasn't been able to stop talking about you since he met you." Ethan comes walking down the stairs from freshing up and he obviously heard the last part of the conversation seeing that his blood is rising up to his face making him a tomato shade of red. We make our way to the door to quickly leave for school. There's a pep rally today so I'm wearing my uniform and my hair is in French braids. As we make our way to school I see the Salvatore school van, shit. "What are the Salvatore kids doing here?" "They're watching the pep rally in the spirit of solidarity between the schools. Do you know any of them?" Ethan asked. "Not really. Outside of Penelope of course." Maya's face lights up as I mention her girlfriend's name. "It's mostly just the football team though." shit, lizzie's quarterback.  As the team enters the gym I try and focus on getting in the spirit with my team mates. I yell the sentence 'timberwolves rule' a couple of times and try to blend in even though I feel miserably out of place. Although I tried to look anywhere else I scan the bench where the opposite team is seated and spot the flawless snowy color of Lizzie's hair. 

I get caught off guard when I feel my feet leave the ground thinking I'm falling until I realize that I'm being lifted off the ground. Ethan and a guy who I've never spoken to lift me on their shoulders and carry me around the gym whilst cheering my name. I feel my cheeks flush red and in this moment I wish I was as invisible here as I used to be at Salvatore. But very unfortunately, I am not. My eyes desperately try to connect with lizzie's just to memorize her face more than I had already done.  She looks like she recognizes me but can't seem to place me. I'm thinking about how much I'd love to hug her right now as the boys turn and I'm being carried out of the gym and away from the crowd and with that Elizabeth Jenna Saltzman.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I know it took me super long to update I'm so sorry!! I hope that this is a good enough peace offering. Not the longest chapter but I tried. feel free to comment and tell me what you think or what you want to happen. I hope your day is better than mine. I love you more than lizzie loves hope. stay safe and take care <3 xoxo saar