SIX

"Where the hell did you put them?"

The sound of stomping feet heading toward your desk causes you to place your hand on your chin to hide the growing devious smirk on your face. You set your pen down in front of you and glance up at the annoyed doctor hovering above you, his face dead serious.

"Where did I put what, Dr. Reid?" His entire body tenses at the sultry tone, and despite it only being for a second long, you still notice it. He uncrosses his arms and points an accusatory finger at you, "Don't play dumb! My pens, I know you stole them."

"I didn't steal anything, I have my pen right here," you pick up the pen you previously set down, waving it in front of his face like a taunt. 

This has been a normal part of your routine for the last week, ever since you came back to work after the fire. It started when Reid decided it would be a good idea to steal all your paperclips and hide your coffee mug, then you retaliated by stealing his pens. This week alone, you've switched out the sugar in his coffee for salt, and messed with the wheels of his chair so they make an annoying squeaky sound every time he moves around. You've tried to convince Morgan to take a screw out of his chair, but he drew the line at making the wheels squeak for you. 

"You're lying, that pen right there is mine. It literally says 'Spencer' on it for that exact reason!" He points to the cup of pens, one of them clearly having a label with his name on it. You shrug, "My middle name is Spencer."

"It is not," he deadpans.

"And how would you know that?" His eyes narrow as you lean back in your chair and shrug your shoulders cheerily.

"Spence, I'll give you one of mine. Can you two just stop fighting? It's too early to deal with this." JJ sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose and blindly handing him a pen. He gives you one last glare before taking the pen and returning to the desk opposite to yours, completely unaware of the fact you still had another trick up your sleeve that he'd yet to discover. You subtly watch as he goes to turn on his computer, grumbling in annoyance when it doesn't work. He moves the mouse around aggressively, clicking it repeatedly to get it to work. He gives up and shoots out of his chair, clearly annoyed, and you snicker at the loud squeaking noise that comes from the chair.

"Man, you two are going to murder each other one day," Morgan chuckles in amusement, tossing a rubber band ball in between his hands. You turn around and give him a satisfied smile, "How long you think it'll take him to notice I only put tape under the mouse?"

He whistles lowly and shakes his head with a grin, "That man is the biggest technophobe of the century, so my guess is that he won't." You both turn your attention to the bullpen doors when they swing open again, Reid walking back in, but he's not alone this time-- Garcia is walking alongside him.

"--Don't know, Garcia. My computer isn't working, I don't know what's wrong." He stops in front of his desk, glancing over at you. "What did you do?"

"What could I have done to your computer from all the way over here?" He points a finger at you, opening his mouth to speak when he's cut off by a giggle coming from Garcia. "What? What's wrong?" She folds the piece of tape and leans over him to toss it in the trash, "I think it should work just fine now." She shakes her head to herself and turns on her heels, skipping back to her office.

"Wha- Oh, nevermind." He huffs, sitting back down in his chair, it squeaking rather loudly. You decide to leave him alone now, going to fill out the stack of papers on your desk from the last case you just returned from. About halfway through, you stretch your arms out and hear the loud, satisfying pop as you crack your spine. You stand up from your chair and make your way into the small break room area, opening the cabinet where you usually keep your coffee mug. You glance at the first shelf where it usually is, only to see it wasn't there. You glance up and catch sight of it on the very top shelf, way out of your reach. Knowing who's behind it, you stretch your arm up as far as it can go, not quite being able to reach yet.