THIRTY-SEVEN

"In the past week, three women have been locally murdered in their homes, executioner style. There were no connections between the victims whatsoever, they all led very different lives from one another. The first woman, Georgia Byers, was working in a hair salon, the second was Rachel Kendrick was a prostitute, and the most recent victim, Fiona Walker was actually an agent in the building."

Garcia pulls up the photos of the victims on the board, and Spencer blindly reaches for your hand under the table, squeezing softly. You gulp softly, trying to ignore the subtle glances over in your direction as they glance at the photos.

"He's probably killing surrogates," Morgan answers.

"Fiona's an agent," Prentiss starts, "She would have known better than to let a stranger into her apartment. She may have known the unsub personally, or they may be using a ruse to get into the house."

"I want Prentiss and Y/L/N at Fiona's apartment, Rossi and I will head to the ME, JJ and Morgan will interview any potential witnesses and family members, and I want Reid here working on the geographical profile. Everyone got that?" Everyone murmurs their agreements and stands up from the table, slowly filing out of the conference room. Spencer's hand gripping your arm stops you in place so that you turn around to face him.

"You're staying with me tonight," he instructs firmly. "You can pack a bag after work and Luna can stay in my apartment, but you're not going back there yet."

"Spencer, you don't have to do that, I'll be fine."

He shakes his head, not taking no for an answer. "No. Fiona was an agent too and look what happened. These women look like you, Y/N, and I don't want to come into work tomorrow and see your face on the board. You're staying with me, and that's final."

You nod your head, pecking him on the cheek before exiting the conference room, meeting Emily at her desk for you to both head to the scene. "Everything okay?" She queries, and you nod your head appreciatively. "Yeah, Spencer's just a little worried, that's all." She nods her head in understanding, grabbing the keys to the SUV and walking down to the parking lot where they store them.

The drive to the crime scene is short, just under fifteen minutes to get there. Emily parks the car outside the building and you both make your way up to Fiona's apartment where the crime scene techs and a few local officers were already there. "No forced entry," Prentiss points to the door, "The unsub definitely got in here willingly."

You walk over to the living room window, examining the sill to see if the unsub came in through there. "These windows are locked. The unsub definitely came up through the door."

"We should see if we can get security footage from the lobby and send it over to Garcia. Maybe she might be able to see the unsub coming up to her apartment, find out if they're using a ruse or not, or if this unsub has a personal connection to her." You and Emily both make your way down to the lobby of the building, talking to the doorman to get the clips from the cameras on the night of the murder, sending it to Garcia for her to skim through. Penelope calls and lets you both know that the minute she finds anything that she'll call you both, and you make your way back to the station. JJ and Morgan are already there when you arrive, but Rossi and Hotch have yet to return from the medical examiner's.

You sit on the table beside where Spencer's working hard on the geographical profile. He acknowledges you with a smile before returning to the map in front of him. He has a black marker in his hands, carefully marking locations on the map, concentrating intensely with his brows furrowed and his tongue poking out the corner of his lips. Despite now having a clue what he's doing, you watch him in mesmerization as he somehow manages to look hot when doing the most simple things.