THIRTY-TWO

WARNINGS: smut-ish(exhibitionism??)

I love you

It's so quiet, you almost don't hear it; you know you're not supposed to because Spencer thought you were asleep when he said it. After hearing it, you knew you wouldn't get to sleep after hearing it anyway because it was the only thing you could think of. You've heard Spencer say it before, but never in the context that he has now, and you're not sure how to react. You do love Spencer, you've come to realize, but if he didn't say it for you to hear, does that mean you say it back? Things have been going well between you two lately; Spencer's taken you out on two more dates -- none of which ending in sex, unfortunately. You aren't sure how these kinds of things work, but you know that you're for sure overthinking.

Because of those whispered three words, you're up all night while Spencer sleeps like a baby beside you, not having to worry about how to respond to someone saying "I love you" when they're sure you're sleeping. 

While Spencer is still asleep, you sneak a glance at him, glancing at his bare forearm around your torso, his pal splayed out across Luna's back in front of you. You follow his arm up until you reach his sleeping face, feeling slightly envious of how someone can still manage to look attractive while they're asleep. It's really not fair. His hair is ruffled and sticking up in every direction, his face smushed against the pillow with his lips in a pout, small smores and puffs of air slipping past his parted lips every so often. He looks absolutely ethereal. 

You lean forward and press your lips to his cheek, carefully brushing his hair back from his face, careful not to wake him. His eyes are fluttering in a dream, letting out incoherent grumbles every so often, his nose scrunching up subtly in the most adorable way possible.

"Spence," you whisper, shaking him awake with your leg. "You need to wake up. We have to go to work." He lets out a loud groan, his arm subconsciously tightening around you and burying his face in the crook of your neck to try and block out the sunlight. You giggle softly as his curls tickle your neck and you elbow him softly in the ribs. "Come on, Spence, the team will be suspicious if we're both late."

"I don't care," he mumbles, his voice muffled into your neck. "Let them know," he rasps out, pressing his lips to the column of your throat. You hum out, eyes fluttering shut, "Hm? Let them know what?" You tease, running your fingers through his hair, craning your neck to get a good look at him. "That you're mine. All mine," he whispers, sending a swarm of butterflies in your stomach.

"Come on, sleeping beauty, we need to get up." As much as it pains you to do so, you remove Spencer's arm and sit upright in your bed, smiling when you hear Spencer whine loudly, making grabby hands for you to come back. "If you get up now we can stop for coffee on the way," you attempt to bargain, "I'll even get you one of those sickeningly sweet ones you like."

He squints at you, contemplating his options before groaning, flipping backwards onto his back dramatically. "Fine," he relents, bringing a hand up to rub at his eyes, still adjusting to the brightness of your bedroom.

"Not a morning person?" You muse, walking your middle and index finger along his bare torso slowly. "Does it look like it?" He snarks, voice laced with sass. You widen your eyes at him, retracting your hand and smacking his arm lightly. "Don't be cranky, you big baby."

You get up from bed and walk into your bathroom, tying your hair back and grabbing your toothbrush from the counter, brushing your teeth quickly. At some point, while you're doing your makeup, Spencer wanders into the bathroom, already dressed and ready for work, wrapping his arms around your torso and watching you in the mirror with a small grin on his face, peppering kisses to your shoulder and neck while you finish.