THIRTY-NINE

"Who the hell is Maeve, Spencer?"

He abruptly hangs up the phone and throws it on the couch, his mouth opening to get an excuse out as you approach him. "Y-Y/N, it's not what it looks like. I can explain."

You laugh bitterly, shaking your head, "I've heard that one before, Spencer. Do you seriously think I'm that much of an idiot?"

"Please just hear me out," he pleads, trying to reach out to grab your hands but you smack him away. "Maeve's my doctor, nothing else."

"That conversation sounded far from professional, Reid. Do you have any idea what this looks like? All the secret phone calls and the blatant lies I chose to believe because I trusted you. I trusted you when I thought that you would never do something like this to me after begging me to give you another chance. But I was wrong yet again because you managed to fuck up again and I'm not sure I can ever come back from this."

"I'm not cheating on you, Y/N, I swear. I would never do that to you-"

"That's what Tristan told me, too. Do you really think I'm naive enough to believe that?" Luna jumps out of your arms, trembling slightly from all the screaming. You're fighting with yourself not to cry, because you won't give him the satisfaction. You storm past him and into his bedroom, pulling open his dresser drawers and grabbing anything that belongs to you. You need to get out of here, and you need to now.

"We're just friends, Y/N, I promise you. She's my doctor, yes, but I found out she has a lot of similar interests in me and we started talking on the phone every so often." You stop dead in your tracks, spinning around to face him so fast you swear you got whiplash, "So all those phone calls you were lying about? They weren't your mother, were they? You tell me you love me all the time, and that I'm all yours and then you go fuck another girl when I turn my head the other way?" The guilty expression on his face says it all, but his body remains stock still. "Are you a fucking coward or something? Say it! I want to hear you own up to it!"

"Yes, okay!" He shouts, running a hand through his hair and wiping his nose, eyes pinching shut. " But I never did anything with her, I promise you, Y/N. She tried to ask me out, she came onto me, and I rejected her advances every single time. I'd been lying only about the phone calls, I didn't want to make you jealous or ruin what we have if I told you."

"It's too late for that, Reid, you've ruined everything."

"No, no, don't say that please," he begs. "I don't know what happened, okay? I just- I wasn't used to having much attention from one girl, let alone two and I let it get to my head. I know it doesn't make it okay, but I just liked talking to someone who understands me, who I can talk about the things I like with."

You scoff, shaking your head and clenching your fists, "Oh, so that's why you cheated on me then? I was too stupid to have a conversation with so you moved on to the next best thing?"

"Stop saying I cheated on you! I didn't. I would never, ever hurt you like that."

"You already have!" You shout, grabbing a handful of his clothes and throwing them at him aggressively, "You think because you didn't kiss her or fuck her that it's still not cheating? You lied to me for weeks while I was concerned for your wellbeing. I trusted you and you took advantage of that because why? You needed a little extra attention!"

"Please, Y/N, we can get past this. I'm sorry, I'll never talk to her again if that's what you want."

"What I want?" You snarl, throwing the last of your belongings into your go-bag, "What I want, Reid, is for you to leave me the fuck alone."