TWENTY-EIGHT

"What are we looking at?" You question, setting your go-bag under your desk with a furrowed brow. You approach Emily's desk where Morgan and JJ are standing beside her, Emily with a small flush on her cheeks and a smug smirk on her face.

"It seems like our friend, Prentiss here has a new lady friend and won't tell us anything about her," Morgan snickers. He goes to pull down Emily's shirt collar, and you pretend to look shocked as you see the hickeys you left there last night. "Shut up, Morgan," Emily grumbles, swatting his hand away and adjusting her collar to cover the hickey again.

"It looks like Em's not the only one," JJ says, slightly shocked. She reaches up to tuck a piece of hair behind your ear, turning your chin to the side to reveal a hickey on your jaw and a poorly covered one on your neck. Morgan lets out a low whistle, shaking his head with a grin on his face. You pull your chin away and re-adjust your hair to cover your neck, sneaking Emily a quick glance.

"Wait a minute," Morgan starts slowly, his grin growing bigger, "Don't tell me you two-" JJ cuts him off with a dramatic gasp, looking between you both wide-eyed. "You did not!"

You shake your head with a chuckle, "You're right, J. We did not."

Emily scoffs, "Yeah, you guys are ridiculous. Delusional, if you ask me." You hum in agreement, nodding your head at the pair. You come up with a fake cover story about a guy you met at a bar, which seems to throw Derek off your trail, but JJ still seems skeptical. When she realizes you both won't budge, she walks off back to her desk, leaving both you and Emily alone.

Once anyone is out of earshot, Emily leans forward to whisper softly, "Do you want to come over later?" You nod your head, trying to suppress your grin, "Yeah, it'll probably be a little later, though. I need to head home and spend some time with Luna."

"Yeah, sounds good," you agree, hopping off her desk with a small wink. You make brief eye contact with Spencer as you walk back to your desk. He looks at you like you just ran over his dog, but you don't feel bad in the slightest. When he's aware that you've noticed him staring, he clears his throat and averts his gaze, returning back to the papers in front of him. You grab your mug from your desk and make your way over to the coffee machine, feeling a presence behind you.

"Are you okay?"

You give her a knowing look, nodding your head with a roll of your eyes, "I'm fine, JJ."

"I just wanted to check in because you know, everything that happened with Spencer, and now Emily-"

"Woah, I'm gonna stop you right there," you cut her off quickly. "Emily and I aren't together."

She scoffs in disbelief and places her hand on her hip, tilting her head at you. "You don't have to lie about it, Y/N. I just don't want you to rush into a relationship if you're not over Spencer, it wouldn't be right to lead her on."

"I wasn't lying, JJ. We aren't together, " you glance at her, hoping she'll get the message. Her mouth opens slightly in shock, "Oh," she breathes out. "So you're just...?" You nod your head, "Friends with benefits? No strings attached? All of the above," you answer.

"Does she know that?" JJ asks, concerned. You nod again, "It was her idea, actually. We went for drinks and she told me she wasn't looking for anything super serious, and I was okay with that because I wasn't looking for a relationship. That's pretty much how we ended up with this agreement, or whatever you want to call it."

JJ's eyes go wide, glancing at the entrance to the breakroom directly behind you. You raise an eyebrow and glance over your shoulder, Spencer standing in the doorway with his own coffee mug in his hands needing a refill. You brush past him quickly with your coffee mug in your hands, JJ following directly behind you. Just as you both walk into the bullpen, you see Garcia storming through and everyone following her into the conference room.