THIRTY-THREE

warnings: nsfw(choking, hair pulling, minor degradation, spitting, edging, and i think that's all??)

ignore spelling errors, i had to re-write this entirely and i got lazy to REALLY proof read this in detail

It feels like the rest of the day happens in slow motion.

Every time you check the clock, you groan internally to see that it's not even close to being time to go home yet. Spencer's made you anxious for what may or may not happen tonight, and you're itching to get back to your apartment. With only an hour left to go, you quickly speed through your files, finishing just before the hour is up. With a giddy grin, you glance over at Spencer to see him not even done. Actually, he's working the slowest you've ever seen him. He takes his time while reading instead of skimming them over quickly like he normally would, and he takes his time while writing, taking slow pen strokes as he makes his way through the stack.

By the time the clock finally hits home time, you watch as every other team member slowly makes their way out of the bullpen with a wave and a smile, leaving you bored at your desk while you wait for Spencer to finish his files, barely acknowledging you in the process. You're never driving to work with him again.

"Are you almost done?"

"Mhm," he murmurs, not even looking up.

"Can you hurry the hell up? I want to go home."

"Why? Do you have something important you plan on doing?" He keeps his eyes downcast on the paper, moving his pen even slower than he was before, and that was when it hit you. The asshole is doing it on purpose to push your buttons.

"No," you answer. "I was hoping that you had something important you were planning on doing. Or someone."

He clearly isn't expecting your response because he stops moving his pen altogether, gripping it tightly in his fist for a moment. He awkwardly clears his throat and composes himself, returning to the files in front of him, writing even slower than before, trying to show constraint. He knows he could finish these files in two minutes and have you pinned down in his bed in under twenty, but he's purposely trying to drag it out to elicit a reaction from you like he had this afternoon. 

Deciding not to give him the reaction he wants, you decide against waiting for him, grabbing your coat and purse and slinging them both over your shoulders. Spencer looks up at you packing your things, shooting you a warning look as you go to lock your desk drawers and drop off your files at Hotch's office, wishing him goodnight before returning back into the bullpen. Spencer still looks unphased, continuing at the torturous pace with a clenched jaw.

"Night, Spencer."

You're nearly at the glass doors when you hear Spencer's voice loud and clear, making you stop dead in your tracks to hear what he has to say. "I'd wait for me if I were you, or you're in for it later. Mark my words, pretty girl." You glance over your shoulder to see him still engrossed in his files, which means he can't see the grin on your face as you turn back around.

"Looking forward to it. Have a good night, Spence."

Without sparing another glance at him, you walk right out of the bullpen and down to your car that you drove Spencer here this morning in. You're tired of waiting for him, so he can take a cab home if he plans on taking his time with paperwork. Instead of waiting, you plan on going home and wondering takeout and watching a movie. After settling in your apartment with Luna in your lap and Thai takeout, old television reruns playing in the background, a knock comes on the door, but you pay it no mind.

When the first knock comes, you ignore it, assuming it's just a neighbour or advertiser that will go away eventually when you don't open it. Your curiosity peaks when Luna runs over and barks at the door, scratching it. You carefully stand up and cautiously approach the door, opening it to reveal a very pissed-off Spencer on the other side. He comes into your apartment without prompt, reaching down to pet Luna and letting her sniff him, completely disregarding your presence altogether. Once she's used to him, she wanders onto the couch, leaving you confused.