TWENTY-THREE

WARNINGS: nsfw

Scrambling into the BAU to avoid being late, you nearly trip over your heels three times while speed-walking toward the glass doors of the office. You keep a hand on your pencil skirt to prevent it from riding up your thighs until you reach the safety of your desk in the bullpen. All the eyes of your team members turn to you as you rush over to your new desk beside Emily's, slightly breathless from being in such a hurry.

"Morning, everyone," you set your bag down on the floor under your desk, adjusting your shirt to hide the dark hickey's on your collarbones. "Do we have a case?"

"I'm not entirely sure," JJ answers, glancing over at Hotch's office. "Probably."

"I hope not," Emily groans. "I have a date tonight and I'm not sure if I can get away with cancelling again." As if right on cue, Penelope storms through the bullpen with case files in her hand, giving everyone apologetic looks. Emily sighs, "I hate this job sometimes," she's already pulling her phone from her pant pockets with a shake of her head.

You stand up from your chair and smooth down your skirt, sparing a glance at Spencer to see his eyes already on you, more specifically, the exposed skin of your legs in the skirt you chose to wear this morning. He looks like one of Pavlov's dogs, drool practically dripping from the corner of his mouth as he looks at you. Little does he know that this was your intended effect when you picked the skirt out this morning, but you weren't expecting it to be as much of a distraction as it was proving to be.

You hear him walking at a fast pace to catch up with you, walking beside you up the stairs to the conference room. "You look nice today." You give him an ecstatic grin, your hand hovering over the doorknob of the round table room. "Thanks, I thought you might like it," you wink, pushing the door open and taking your seat at the table.

Once everyone's gathered, Garcia pulls up two photos on the board, two children, a boy and a girl. "These are six-year-olds Brandon and Angelica Warner, children of Dina and Kevin Warner. The twins were taken from their home last night while their parents were asleep and taken away in the middle of the night with no eyewitnesses. A phone call was made to the family this morning when they awoke to find their children missing, demanding eight hundred thousand dollars in ransom within twenty-four hours or they'll bring harm to both of them."

"The unsub is also demanding no help from the police, so this needs to be kept under wraps, meaning we cannot let the media get ahold of this one," Hotch adds. Everyone nods in unison, Garcia pushing another button on her remote to play the call records of the unsub. The voice is robotic and monotone, making it difficult to decipher anything other than the words being spoken, which is impossible since they speak very cut and paste, to the point. The phone call is no longer than thirty seconds before it ends abruptly, the room falling silent when the call ends. 

"Wheels up in thirty," Hotch dismisses everyone from the room swiftly. You make your way back over to your desk and grab your bag, walking over to the jet with JJ and Morgan. JJ has an anxious look on her face, probably pertaining to the fact that the case involves children, meaning she's probably thinking of her own. You give her shoulder a small squeeze and a small smile, which she seems to appreciate from the way her lips quirk up slightly. 

You turn your body to face the front of the elevator again, Morgan subtly checking himself out in the reflective surface of the elevator door. When the doors open, the three of you step off in sync with each other, walking toward the jet and taking your assumed seats. Spencer is the last one to enter the jet, his cheeks flushed and a sheen layer of sweat covering his forehead as he plops himself down in the chair in front of you, panting slightly, trying to catch his breath.