THIRTY-SIX

You wake up to the feeling of Spencer littering your neck with kisses, making you giggle and turn around to face him. "Good morning to you, too."

"Rise and shine, pretty girl. Today's our day off so we need to make the most of it."

"What's on the agenda today, Dr. Reid?" You yawn, placing a quick kiss on his cheek. He grins, "I am so glad you asked me that. I was thinking we could go and grab some breakfast first, and then I have a series of things planned that will keep us busy all day."

"Mm, like what?"

He tuts, shaking his head, using his index finger to tap you on the nose, "The suspense is what makes it fun. Now let's get dressed, or we'll fall behind schedule." He places a kiss on your forehead, glancing at his watch and shooting up out of bed, making his way over to his dresser and grabbing his clothes. You groan, falling backwards on his bed and pinching your eyes shut, rubbing them with the heel of your palm. It nod suddenly makes sense why Spencer made you pack a change of clothes last night.

You slide on the clean pair of panties and your bra, sliding the medium-wash mom jeans and buttoning them so they sit high up on your waist, adding the black leather belt you packed and threading it through the loops. You walk into the washroom with your toothbrush, seeing a shirtless Spencer finishing brushing his teeth. You grab the spare toothbrush you left at his place and brush your teeth once Spencer goes back into his room to get changed. You do a light makeup look and walk back into the room, grabbing the black long-sleeve from the bed, adjusting the square neckline once it's on right.

"Ready to go?" He sits on the edge of the bed, leaning back on his forearms as he watches you slide on your rings and necklace, grabbing your socks and sliding on your high-top sneakers. You put a pair of sunglasses on your head and grab your purse, motioning to Spencer that you're ready to go. He looks you up and down with a grin on his face, gripping your hand in his and walking down the hall.

When you enter the living room, Luna wanders out of the makeshift bed Spencer made for her on the floor out of blankets and a makeshift pillow, walking over to you both and greeting you excitedly. Since you've been spending a lot more time in Spencer's apartment, he's let you bring her over a few times despite the no pet policy in his apartment. He claims he's more of a cat person, but you can tell that he's starting to have a bit of a soft spot for her.

You top up her bowls and make your way to Spencer's car, to which he drives you to a local mom and pop shop for breakfast, parallel parking in front of the place. He leads you inside toward a booth where you both order food, Spencer rambling about the origins and ingredients of breakfast foods until the waitress comes back, sliding the plates in front of you.

"Where are you taking me after this?" You mumble through a mouthful of pancakes. Spencer shakes his head, "I'm not telling you that."

You glance over beside you when you sense a presence, seeing Nate standing at the end of your table with a grin on his face. "Hey, Y/N. I thought I saw you over here, I just thought I'd come say hello."

"Hi," you offer him a tight-lipped smile, glancing over at Spencer. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh this place is close to where I'm staying, for the time being, I thought I'd come to check it out. I wasn't expecting to run into you here." You nod your head, fiddling with the fork in your hands. Nate gestures to the plate in front of you, "Pancakes, huh? I always thought you were more or a waffle girl."

You shrug, not exactly sure how to respond to that, "I was looking for a change."

He nods, keeping his eyes trained on you rather than acknowledging Spencer sitting across from you. "Change can be boring. I'm sure you'll be over it soon."