FOURTEEN

WARNINGS: uhm.... yeah... enjoy ;)

Your plane touches down around seven o'clock in the evening, and you quickly get through security and baggage claim, getting into a cab to take you back to your apartment after being absent for three days. Nate's initial awkwardness faded after the first day, and the two of you did what you would usually do when you were still living there. He even took you to go and visit your old team, and all your friends. "You'll always have a place here, Y/N. If you ever decide to come back, I can arrange that for you." Your unit chief, Richard Sanchez's words ring through your head randomly. It was a nice gesture for him to offer, but you don't ever plan on willingly leaving the BAU by choice. Then again, sometimes things can happen, so you keep the offer in the back of your mind.

Once in the comfort of your own apartment after your small trip, you waste no time before ordering a pizza and changing out of your airport clothes. You throw a load of laundry in the washing machine while you're at it, changing into an oversized t-shirt that sat in the middle of your thighs, with a clean pair of panties. You're in the middle of putting your toiletries back in their rightful spot when a knock comes at the door, and you make a grab for the cash on the counter as you approach the door. You open it slightly, positioning yourself so only your head is peeking out, and the person on the other side can't get a view of the lack of pants on your bottom half.

When you open the door, however, it's not the pizza. Spencer stands outside your apartment, an unreadable expression on his face as he rocks back and forth on his heels. You glance down at his hand, seeing a small paper bag in his hands. You clear your throat, bringing your attention back up to his face. "What are you doing here? Is something wrong?"

He opens his mouth to speak, closing it shut immediately after, shaking his head slowly. His head looks like it's running a mile a minute, and you suspect he's questioning why he showed up on your doorstep at all. He wordlessly pulls out something from the paper bag, revealing a bottle of alcohol inside, and your eyes widen. You glance between the bottle and his face, taking in the fact that his eyes are pleading. "Truce? For tonight?" He's already here, what's the harm in saying no to free booze?

You open the door and hesitantly stand beside it, letting him walk inside. Suddenly embarrassed by your apparel, you pull down your shirt to cover the bottom of your ass, taking small strides to avoid the shirt riding up. "Do you always walk around half-naked?" He deadpans, switching between glancing at your face and the exposed skin of your thighs. You pull down your shirt more, the round neckline stretching out from your attempts as you narrow your eyes.

"I wasn't exactly expecting company," you mumble softly, retreating into your bedroom and sliding on a pair of pyjama shorts and re-joining him in the kitchen. The pizza finally arrives, and you hand the delivery guy the cash as you take the box and set it down on the counter, perching yourself on top and grabbing the roll of paper towels.

"What the hell happened to you?" You rotate the box around and grab a slice, placing it on the paper towel. He glances over in your direction with a warning look and you nod your head. "You don't want to talk about that. Noted." You take a bite from the pizza, your mouth burning slightly from the hot cheese on top. You open your mouth and exhale sharply, hoping the air will soothe the burning on your tongue. Spencer watches in amusement, helping himself to a slice from the box. You'd typically be pissed off about something like that, but Spencer seems like he just needs company tonight, it's just strange that he came to you to provide it for him.

You place the leftover pizza in the fridge and snatch the bottle from his hands, repositioning yourself so you can sit on the counter with your legs dangling off the edge. You twist the cap off the bottle, breaking the seal, bringing it to your lips and taking a small swig of it.