17. Walk This Way.

“You mind telling me why the studio is closed today Em?” Paul questions me, like he’s my fucking boss, he’s relentless this morning with odd, random questions, my back is up and I want to know who’s been telling him these things.

“Once AGAIN Paul, its my studio and I’ll do what the fuck I want with it” I hope I sound as pissed off he’s beginning to make me feel.

Ever since Denaun had bought Jane to the studio I’d knew I wanted to bring Jasmin too and so with much belly aching and negotiating, I managed to bribe all of the staff with a paid day off. I paid them for their silence and no questions asked, but one of the fuckers had flappy gums. In truth I’d wanted them all to be there to meet her, show her off a little and show my empire off to but kinda hard to do that with the situation.

“Keep your wig on Marshall, I had an email bounce back from the receptionist. Her out of office is on” Paul laughs at my temper tantrum down the phone, fuck, I forgot about that, but he’s such a prick.

“I do enjoy our little chats so much. Bye fuck face” he laughs maniacally and hangs up the phone before I get my chance to shout some more abuse at him.

I’m feeling nervous about this set up I had going on at the studio, weather was still unseasonably warm for now, so a table with two chairs had been set up in the little square courtyard that three sides of my building wrapped itself around, all laid out and ready for the food I’d ordered to arrive later.

Jasmin would probably laugh at all this but she did also call me adorable so maybe she’d appreciate the effort I’d gone to, candles and flowers on every top and table, stupid little twinkly star lights out in the courtyard. You’ve lost your balls Marshall, completely but it was an anniversary of sorts for us, a year since I’d met her accidently that night at the restaurant when we’d both been stood up. I don’t know if she even realised it but it had been on my mind for a couple of weeks now. Three months had passed since she’d stayed over that first night, she hadn’t done it again and I hadn’t asked. I wanted her to but I also wanted her to be the one who asked me if she could but It hadn’t happened.

I’d arranged to have a cab bring her here from Jane’s house after their morning ride. I don’t know what possessed Jasmin to love those four legged, biting, kicking, shitting machines but I was put firmly in my place when she’d told me once before in no uncertain terms that she’d quit seeing me before giving up the four legged, hairy fuckers.

I paced back and forth, back and forth, over and over. Checked I was still looking handsome a million times in every mirror I’d passed. Near punched a hole in Donkey Kong when I lost for the fifth time straight and all that in the space of about twenty minutes.

The sound of the entrance doors opening had me sprinting back to the reception area, my guy giving me a thumbs up sign out the window as he walked back to his car, security guards posted opposite and round the back of the building would put a stop to any unwelcome visitors while we were here.

I’m greeted by Jasmin barreling towards me at a hundred miles an hour launching her petite body at me, I catch her laughing at her excitement as she wraps her legs around my waist and pushes my baseball cap off of my head, both of our eyes following it to the floor, I huff in annoyance “Hey Handsome, I missed you and your cute ears” she sounds excited, tugging on my earlobe and bursting with energy, like a mini tornado spinning out of control. “Oh my god this place is amazing, thank you for inviting me “ she kisses me quickly “I think this white suit might be my favorite” she purrs in my ear, rendering me stupid “Are you okay? Have you turned mute in your old age Marshall” she pinches my cheek “Hello is there anybody in there?”

 “Oh my god this place is amazing, thank you for inviting me “ she kisses me quickly “I think this white suit might be my favorite” she purrs in my ear, rendering me stupid “Are you okay? Have you turned mute in your old age Marshall” she pinches ...