Study Date - Satan x Lyric ft. Mammon

The bell rang, signaling the end of the day for RAD. The main doors flung open as demons rushed out of the building, somehow you got caught up in the flood of students. You heard a distant shouting, the shouting growing nearer and nearer until- "Lyric!". The shout startled you, resulting in you turning around and going against the crowd. The blond haired boy latches onto you until the crowds recede. You look up at him, staring into his green worried eyes as he tightens his grip on you "Lyric, are you okay? You humans are fragile." "Yeah, I'm aight. Thanks fa looking out fa me tho, Sacchan." you respond. "Wait, we had that study date today, huh?" You ask as your phone calendar pinged. You smirked knowing that simply adding the word "date" would fluster the blond demon. His face turned red as he let go of you, "Sure, a study...session." He said trying to avoid the dreaded word and a bit embarrassed from your nickname of him. You take his hand to further solidify that this in fact, was a date. Satan like your warm soft hands, but he would never admit that out loud. He quietly just took your hand and walked you to the library. As you were walking, hands entwined with Satan, Mammon passes by and glares daggers at Satan. Satan chooses to ignore Mammon, attempting to keep his wrath under control.

Mammon rarely gets jealous, but after overhearing that "his" human was on a "date" with Satan. He understood that Satan took school more seriously than him, but he was sure he could offer you more as you are his 'human". He sank deeper and deeper into his thoughts, he was startled by Levi. Levi had came up with a really cool prank he wanted to pull on Satan, Mammon zoned out as he explained why he wanted to pull this prank, but he turned back in when he explained exactly how they would pull off the prank. Levi figured he'd use Mammon as his "pawn" as Mammon had a motive to actually go through with the prank.

Satan pulled out your chair, you thank him and quickly sit down. As you were going through your backpack looking for the right textbooks and notebooks, he sits down across from you and observes you. He asked which subject you wanted to study, to which you respond in a hush whisper "chemistry". You acknowledged that the test wouldn't be for the next week, but it couldn't hurt to study now as it is organic chemistry and any study time is beneficial. The green eyed demon nodded and brought out his textbook and his notebook, looking over at you he asks "Would you like to compare notes?". You nodded and looked over at his notes, they were pristine. His cursive writing covered the page, with neatly highlighted phrases and important information. You looked over at your notes, not as neat, but cute doodles all over the page with clouds spotlighting the information you needed to know. Satan tried not to smile, but the corners of his mouth began to lift. You looked at him, then your notebook, back over to him. Trying to assess the situation you found yourself blurting out "Sacchan, why are you laughing at me? Are you a bully? Are you bullying me?", Satan tucks your hair behind your ear "There's nothing funny about your notes, I just find it...interesting how you humans take notes" he said as he was now the one pushing your buttons. But understanding that you need the reaffirmation,  he really meant was that it was adorable the way that you took notes. As you were flustered, he took this chance to lay his hand on top of yours, as payback for earlier.

Levi and Mammon snuck their way into the library, as both of them were banned for previous experiences. Mammon was banned for stealing from the forbidden section just to resell on EvilBay, while Levi was banned for fighting a student over a rare copy of a manga lost to time. Levi asked Mammon if he had remembered the plan, to which Mammon responded "of course I do". The plan was to replace one of Satan's notebooks with a copy of a playboy magazine, not only would he be flustered and embarrassed, but that would make Lyric reconsider where she stands with Satan. As they were sneaking around the bookshelves, plotting how they would gain access to Satan's backpack without Satan knowing and Lyric seeing them. "I don't like the lovey dovey look on his face, Levi. He might genuinely be falling for her..." Mammon whispered while trying to look through the rows of books, "Hush, don't go all yandere on me...this is exactly like what happened in "Past Journal", and I really don't want to repeat history." Levi said as he was passively figuring out the non visible routes to his backpack.

As the both of you were actively studying and flirting, Satan felt a pair of eyes linger on him. They carried the same energy of Mammons, but it couldn't be as he was banned from the library centuries ago. But he wouldn't put it past Mammon to sneak in. You stared into his glossed over eyes "You good? You seem like you're dissociating, I do not appreciate this antiblackness. " you joked with a bit of a concerned tone, "No, not at all. Just got lost in thought for a moment. My full attention is on you." He responded gently. You smiled lightly and thanked him as you trailed off about spectroscopy. You were ecstatic, he actually wanted to pay attention to you, unlike most human men. He just couldn't shake the feeling, but as long as he was with you he felt good.

Levi had planned it perfectly, he knew exactly what to do until he felt a kick to the back and Mammon's ear was pulled. He turned around and rubbed his back "What was that for?" He asked Ki. "Because I know exactly what the fuck y'all are doing and how wrong it is. Can't you let your brother be happy for once? This man is a ball of hate and anger and yall wanna piss him off? Fuck outta here." She whispered aggressively as she pulled Mammon down to her level. "And you? You ought to be ashamed of yourself, you want to put your happiness above Lyric's? If you truly loved her, you would back off." She looked at him with the disappointed mom face, her look screamed "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed". She shooed them away from library as you and Satan finished your study date.

"We can stop here, as my attention span has left the building. Thank you fa studying with me. " you said with a small smile. Satan tried to hide how thrilled he was, but it was kinda obvious how happy he was. You showed restraint and tried not to tease him for it, "Hey, did you-" you stutter "Did you want to go to Madam Scream's with me, it's my treat." you said more confidently. You usually get something sweet to treat yourself with after studying hard, and figured it would be a nice extension to your study "date". Satan nods slowly and begins to pack his things, "Thank you." he said as he thought to himself. He thought about how that's the sweetest, most sincere thing that anyone has done for him, let alone a human. You smiled and packed the rest of your things and you felt a warm hand entwined with yours once more. He bent down and kissed your cheek, that was the only thing he could think of doing for now, but soon he'll have more planned.

A/N: The chapter dialogue was updated.