🎑02

◆━━━━━━◆🎑◆━━━━━━◆

It was known amongst humans– as had been told and passed through generations after generations that most supernatural beings, specially vampires are immortal. That is one of the many things people got wrong. Like any other things in this world, they don't stay forever. They get old and die  but only a few centuries slower than normal humans do.

Supernatural beings ages the same way humans does during their childhood and teenage years but it slows down when they reached a certain age.

They all have their weaknesses and are all capable of being hurt or killed, most die with old age but not Kihyun's biological family, not his pack.

It had been a century since that night. Kihyun grown and had long forgotten most of his past prior to the attack. The people in the pack, their faces, names and even his family members. He had forgotten all but the chaos of that night that seem to like visiting him in his dreams.

There are times when a certain smell or sight would remind him of  his old life back in the pack, but that is as often as the blue moon.

The vampire couple –like as promised to his elder brother had kept him safe. Not only that, they had took him in and accepted him in the family. They had treated him with care and had given him love equal to the love they give to their own son.

It had been the talk of the whole vampire community when the news that the house of Chae's – the vampire household that took Kihyun in – is harboring a young werewolf.  The council had disapproved and demanded to kick the wolf boy out, a few even suggested to execute him for even entering vampire capital grounds. Some family rivals used it to try and put them down, accusing them of treason. It had go on for a year or two but it had been proven how much power the Chaes holds in the vampire community.

They may not be royalty nor part of the council of vampire ministers, but they held great and important standing in the society. The family had always been close to the vampire royals and the King had always favored them, so it had not been much of a surprised when he gave his blessings to keep Kihyun in, under a few conditions.

A century had passed and the issue gradually died down yet everyone still kept an eye on the young warewolf, a few had actually tolerated and liked him enough to be friends or there are certain times more. Most had still not accepted him in the community and Kihyun just learned to live through it, he knows he's different and he can never expect them to let go of their prejudices. After all, Vampires and Werewolves never had good history with one another. Not that he knows a lot about the rivalries, he himself doesn't know much about his own kind except the basics. He probably knows a lot more about vampires than werewolves, he is foriegn to his own race.

"Ki, you in there?" Kihyun heard a deep and  raspy voice asked on the other side of his bedroom door, accompany with a few soft yet urgent knocks.

"Yeah, what is it?" He answered back, knowing that it was his adoptive younger brother, Hyungwon.

"Dad's searching for you, he's in his study"

Kihyun got up and closed his book, He have developed great liking in reading over the years of his stay in the household. The Chaes have thousands of books and it seems to adds up day after day. He learned that it was common for vampires to adore indoor hobbies as they are not really fond of staying outside, the sun never played nice to their kind to ever let them enjoy the day. Vampires who are not fond of extreme physical activities are very common.

A great example to that is his younger brother, Hyungwon. Who did nothing but sit around and read, play chess from time to time and his favorite of all, lazing in his bed and sleeping away day and night. He once slept for 29 hours straight, Kihyun almost thought he had been cursed to sleep.