🎑15

After taking a breath, they left the place with no directions on where to go. Just aimlessly walking away from the wrecked camping site. They managed to find an abandoned cabin, it didn't look very safe. It'll probably collapse if the wind blows just a bit harder. But it was good enough to rest into and spend the day, allowing Hyungwon to hide from the sun. As much as it won't kill him, it will still harm him in little annoying ways. Like rashes, burns, and fevers if he stays too long.

Hyungwon sat in the furthest corner, wrapped in his heavy cloak. He watches Changkyun contentedly eat the fish they caught earlier. The boy had roasted it over the small fire he made. He was very happy with the meal, told Hyungwon it was the best he had since the death of his beloved mistress. Hearing it made him appreciate the many food back at home. He was served the best dishes and yet he barely ate and even complained. Oh, how he misses Chae Manor and the luxuries that came with it. He misses his father who solves everything for everyone. He was the Chae clan's little prince, he never had to worry about anything. Now, suddenly, it felt like the world was on his shoulder.

"Once everything is well and I'm back at home. I'll make sure you'll be able to eat whatever you like. " Hyungwon tells Changkyun, genuine and hopeful that everything will soon be back to normal. Well, as normal as it could be without his parents.

Changkyun smiles and nods as he eats. "As long as it's not days-old bread and tasteless beans, I'll be happy with anything," He says, more at ease than when he was with the witches. He liked the aura Hyungwon gives. It felt safe. It made Changkyun feel like he didn't have to be too overly careful with how he responded.

Hyungwon just gave a little smile, quite uncomfortable. He can't help but compare Changkyun to his privileged self, and feels sorry for how unfair the world is to others. He wasn't completely ignorant about these things before but only now he knew about it to an extent.

His eyes soon unconsciously move to the other side of the empty cabin. Where the werewolf lay, still passed out cold. Since Changkyun did not have enough strength to do so, Hyungwon had carried him—Well, dragged him across the forest floor at most—the entire time. Even with his vampire strength, it had not been easy, he was never built for heavy labor after all. Hence, the werewolf has dirt all over him. Hyungwon is sure he has soil stuck in his hair. He decided that wasn't his problem anymore.

The man had called him his mate. A bomb of information to say at the first meeting. He didn't even know his name. He had to learn it from Changkyun.

Hoseok, the hybrid say was the werewolf's given name. It suits him, in a way Hyungwon can't explain. Hyungwon raised his eyebrow.

He's quite good-looking.

He mentally mused to himself, studying the unconscious wolf.

Not like I haven't seen better-looking ones

He added with a scoff, looking away and trying to recount all the previous people he'd seen that he deemed handsome and beautiful. Somehow, it was hard to recall most of them. And Hyung Won had always had an amazing memory.

"Does master know what a mate is?" Changkyun asked, taking Hyungwon's attention back on him. He thought that maybe Hyungwon had no idea of what it was. As far as he knows only werewolves have them. Well, the only ones to have the ability to know and recognize, that is.

With his background, Changkyun often wondered if he was wolf enough to have it in him. His inner wolf is quite special, so he wonders if the mate bonds would work on him or would it play differently. Would he stay clueless about who his soulmate is like the rest or would he recognize them at first glance like the wolves?

Though he wonders about it often, he isn't sure if he wants to know. Being a slave all his life, he will never have the privilege of actually being with them. He belonged to his owner until another won his ownership. That's how it had always been.