🎑09

◆━━━━━━◆🎑◆━━━━━━◆

Kihyun open his eyes to warm sunbeams touching his face. Quickly, he squinted and raised his hand to shield them as they met the harsh light passing through fresh green leaves. With his movement, he winced, in reflex to his thoughts as last time he was awake, he remembers to be cut and bruised. He expected the same surging pain but was relieved yet confused to not feel any piercing tingles throughout his body. Noticing his raised hand, he saw his porcelain skin and not the mudded and injured one he remembered. He lifted his other hand and saw the same. He sat up and inspect himself. He was wearing the same clothes as before but it was neat and oddly even smelled like a flowery fragrance he can't put a finger to. Not a trace was left of what he went through. It was as if it never even happened.

Looking away from himself, he stood up, hands searching support by leaning on the sycamore tree he was under. His eyes met the sight of pristine green carpeting the ground, running down for what seem to be miles and miles. Wild flowers scatterred, decorating the scenery in various colors and sizes, all softly dancing to the melody of the warm breeze. Everything was in contrast to the cold foggy barren forest he was last at.

Where am I?

Kihyun finds himself asking, completely clueless of his current location. The place feels familiar yet not. Like it's somewhere he had visited once upon a dream. He concluded that he was on top of a hill, protected by the shade of a tree. He felt freedom and happiness subtly reaching out to his chest, it was a very calming place to be.

Is this the afterlife?

Kihyun questions once again, coming to the conclusion that he had passed. He vaguely remember a pair of men coming out of nowhere to save him. Had they failed to do so? Seems like it. It was the only answer Kihyun could give
himself.

He can't help but feel a little dissapointed of the outcome. He struggled so much and fought hard to survive. Hyunwon and Minhyuk risked a lot to get him out. All of those thrown to waste with him pathetically dying. In a way, a part of him was relieved to be finally out of such misery. But still, he wished his body didn't gave up so easily.

So what now? Does he just stay here for eternity? Alone? Will he meet Mr. And Mrs. Chae?

The last thought made him less disapointed. He would want to be with them again. He misses the couple dearly. That seem to be the only thing he can look forward to with death. Somehow, his adoptive parents are the only thing he thought about. Not his biological ones, or his old pack. Too little memories made them barely missed.

Should he try go looking around for the couple? Where should he go? The place is big and it seems like he's the only one here for miles. Maybe he is the only one around. Is loneliness what awaits people on the otherside?

"Kihyun!" Kihyun flinched when a voice call for his name. Right on time, a painful throb started to pulse through his head.

"Kihyun!" Someone called again.

Feeling dizzy, he turned and search for the source of the calls. His eyes blurring by the second and the ache he feels slowly coming back.

He saw a figure getting near him, a girl with white hair and sage dress. He try to squint his eyes but he just couldn't see her face. Falling back against the tree, he groaned as the pain in his head intensifies.

"Kihyun.." Someone engulfed him in a tight hug, a sent of peaches and damp grass entering his senses.

"It's okay, we're going to be alright" the voice, familiar from his dreams assures. Kihyun opened his eyes to see the girl infront of him, but his head felt like it's going to be cut in half, and his sight was like unclear rippling water.