🎑07

It was an hour after dawn when Kihyun gained back his consciousness. He found himself laying on the forest floor. His body is still aching and cold, very cold. He was surprisingly and thankfully safe and untouched since from the time he had fainted.

Oddly, His senses felt like it was hyperactive all of a sudden, not the first time that it happened but still. He can hear different animal sounds coming from various directions, the rustle of the dried leaves as the wind softly blows, he can feel random pokes of pain, much less than last time but they are still present, also the slightly damped ground he was laying at.

He realized late that his clothes are wet too. That's why he felt like he's freezing. It seems like it had rained the night before without Kihyun's knowledge. He stayed out in the cold, under the rain, unconscious the whole night. It was a miracle that he is okay, if you can call his situation okay. Well, compared to being decapitated, this is indeed far better.

Kihyun winched when he moved and felt pain coming from his leg. The one that got the last shot before he was taken out of the dungeons.
Kihyun's chest raised up and down
as he take in deep breaths, trying to swallow down the pain before he pushed himself up in a sitting position. He tried moving his leg around, ignoring the pain that it caused him, trying to get his leg get used to moving again.

He have to leave the place, just incase the vampires are out on a search for him, he needs shelter too and change his clothes. He will freeze out at his current state if he stay drench for long, specially that it seems like the sun is planning to hide the rest of the day.

Kihyun reached for the backpack that was given to him by Minhyuk before he left. It wasn't big nor it felt heavy. It almost felt like it was empty, he hoped there at least warm clothes there. The bag was drenched though, if there are clothing materials inside surely they're wet too.

Kihyun dragged himself out of his current place to a nearby barren tree, so he would have something to lean his back on as his strength is still not in it's best condition. He fumbled with the bag's zipper for awhile before he finally get to open it.
He was greatly surprised to see that contrary to what he thought, it was actually dry inside. It looks like it has more contents than it seems. Kihyun wondered if it was one of those enchanted stuff from the witches. He remembered their dad had gifted the three of them a small hip flasks that can carry water 10x than it normally should. It had been around 20 years or so ago, he had forgotten where it turn up. He had probably lost it. It would have been such of good use at the moment.

He rummaged the inside of the bag and found a two red apples, a few slices of bread and the enchanted flask from his memory. At first he thought it was his until he saw the little MH on the side. It was Minhyuk's.

He found one set of clothes and a large familiar moss green cloak. He wasn't sure where he had seen it but it looked and somehow smelled familiar. Maybe it was Minhyuk's too. The blonde really prepared everything for him. Kihyun's heart hurt a little by the thought. He remembered cursing Minhyuk so many times, he had always been so mean and he thought he's just gonna stood by and watch Kihyun get the punishment he didn't deserve. He wished he could thank him more sincerely. He wished he had the chance to talk to Hyungwon too. The last time he saw his brother wasn't worth remembering at all.

Kihyun sniffed and tried to keep his tears that is threatening to fall. He didn't want to cry again, he's been crying for days. He dug up the bag to make sure he's not missing anything. He found a small 2 inches wooden box and two rolled parchment at the very bottom that made his heart do a little leap.

They left him letters! Maybe they would explain themselves there. Kihyun wants to hear their excuse as to why they acted the way they did. He felt so hurt and betrayed during those horrible times. He needs to know they really didn't believed all of those accusations. He needs to know why they watch as he suffered.