🎑12

◆━━━━━━◆🎑◆━━━━━━◆

It took another day before Kihyun limped his way out of the infirmary, his hands grabbed the Alpha's strong arm as the latter helped him out. The wolfsbane, as he was told had hit a nerve in his leg and will take awhile to fully heal. The head healer assured it was nothing permanent. Maybe a couple of days or weeks. Kihyun wasn't upset, glad that at least he was out of bed and thankful that's all he got after all that had happened.

"I can do it" Kihyun brushed Hyunwoo off, trying to push him away when the taller tried to scoop him off his feet for the third time since he stood from the infirmary bed. He had been insisting on carrying him instead, but Kihyun refused him again and again. He was already embarrassed to be clinging to him as it is, being in his arms would be too much. He still wasn't used to being someone's mate.

"It'll be best to not tire yourself," Hyunwoo said, holding Kihyun's small hand in his to stop him from pushing. " It'll be quicker too"

" I'll be fine " Kihyun waved him off, his face contorting in a short grimace when he landed his bad foot too hastily, pulsing pain shooting up his leg. Hyunwoo noticed it and couldn't do anything but place his arm around the smaller's waist his other out ready in case he fell forward.

Kihyun ignored the feeling of his arms wrapped around him and looked up. He glances around seeing a series of almost similar-looking cabins scattered around from left to right along the unpaved road, more of them going far down the right side. It was late in the afternoon, so the light was more bearable for his poor eyes. The blindfold he used now tied in a bow on his wrist, so he doesn't lose it.

"So, where's yours at?" He asked Hyunwoo when he felt like he was ready to continue.

"Up there" Hyunwoo casually up-nod to point to the location.

Following the direction, Kihyun saw a lonely cabin located on a higher ground, looking way different than the rest, bigger and more decorative with large glass windows. It wasn't that far but surely wasn't so near either.

"No wait-" Kihyun let out a yelp when Hyunwoo finally succeeded in scooping him off the ground, carrying him bridal style.

"Quit squirming, I might drop you," Hyunwoo tells him, adjusting him in his arms to carry him more comfortably.

Kihyun had no choice but to hold on, loosely wrapping his arms around Hyunwoo's neck and looking far away out of awkwardness. People started to notice them as they walked. Soon, many were looking at them, and whispering. Murmurs of curiosity and excitement and many more could be heard upon seeing the pack's future Luna in their alpha's arms.

Kihyun held onto Hyunwoo tighter, placing his forehead on the nook of his neck to hide his face. He felt uncomfortable with the attention. The last time he got it was when he was dragged to the vampire capital for his trial.

"Please, go on. There's nothing to see here" Hyunwoo felt the distress the attention was giving his mate. He gave a sharp authoritative look at everyone his eyes ran on, making sure he was understood. He didn't need to repeat himself as everyone quickly went back to what they were doing, some just giving one last look.

"Is Luna okay?" A young girl approached them in curiosity, which made Hyunwoo pause in his tracks.

"Luna is not feeling well. He'll be fine soon though" Hyunwoo tells her kindly, making sure to be more gentle when talking, like Hoseok had advised him to be. Most pups were intimidated and scared of him. He needs to be softer to the little ones to not invoke fear but trust and respect.