🎑08

◆━━━━━━◆🎑◆━━━━━━◆

Kihyun aimlessly limped his way out of the place he came from. Still freezing and without any idea of where to go. He just wanted to find a shelter for the day, his body wanted nothing more than to lay down and rest. He had no idea of what to do with himself now that he's out of the Chae's care, but he figured it's best for his mind to worry about that later. Like his brother once said 'it's better to worry about things one at a time rather than have them jumbled up your mind and stray you way from the solution' .

Kihyun remembered, being a person who likes to multitask and keep things in proper order he rolled his eyes at the younger, thinking he's just being a lazy and know-it-all procrastinator that he always was. It's funny how he's following the vampire's words now. Kihyun rarely took his words seriously, people barely does. But thinking back, Hyungwon had always been silently wise. He acted like a baby and was also treated like one. But deep down, he's very mature and mentally strong and stable. He knows his stuff very well but pretends not to. Being fake dumb could truly be a good weapon sometimes.

Kihyun halted in his steps, panting softly, his eyes moving around to see which way to continue. But like what he had been seeing for hours now, all his eyes lays upon are barren trees in all direction. And now there was also an evident light fog. Fortunately, not enough to hinder his sight. The sky was still gloomy, looking like it's about to rain, making the surroundings a little dim despite being early.

Kihyun turned his head and something caught his eyes, he squinted a little to see in a distance. He wasn't sure but it looks like a lone old street lamp. There was a slightly pinkish glow coming from it, proving soft gleam against the light haze. The gentle luminescence was the main reason why Kihyun spotted it in the first place.

The gears in his head started running the moment he saw it. If there's a street lamp there's a road, right? Whether it's an old abandoned one or still in use, a path is still a path, surely it will lead somewhere.

As quick as his aching feet let him, Kihyun went into that direction. Hoping there will be someone kind enough to help him out. He know it's a long shot and very careless of him to put trust in strangers, specially during these hard times and in the land were rogues freely roam around. But the Chae family had been strangers too before he became one of them. Kihyun still have little hope that they're not the only ones in the world with a golden heart. There's always goodness to balance the bad and he hopes he won't encounter the latter.

Kihyun arrived by the side of the path, it was wide and quite muddy. As he sees it, he was sure it was a way for vehicles. He recognize imprints of carriage wheels and hooves of horses ruined by wheels of what could possibly be cars. Kihyun looked up at the street lamp, sometimes there are written names of places posted in them, about what place you're in or the distance of the next village or town. That's how it works within vampire lands, every streets and crossings has directions. He was not sure if it applies here too. Nobody governs the unclaimed land after all. But he hopes so, it'll help him greatly.

The street lamp was tall and simple, the post was quite thin and made of wood, the lamp itself made of glass and rusty metal. Just a normal looking old street lamp except for the bright pink candle burning in hot pink fire. It was very odd, but Kihyun didn't have time nor energy to think about it. So instead, he just focused his attention to the wooden arrows attached on the post.

The arrow pointing right says 'to witch territory, you are not welcomed' in inconsistent sizes and fonts. Maybe that's why the fire is a bit peculiar, the witches might have been the one to set this up. Kihyun turned his head to look at the direction it was pointing. The fog seems it would be heavier there and he has no plans of meeting witches. Though he had been informed that they are quite negotiable to deal with, they're also crazy beings who would want something from your own body parts or something deeper, like your voice and sanity. They ask unique and questionable payments.