🎑13

◆━━━━━━◆🎑◆━━━━━━◆

Kihyun woke up to the blinding sunlight passing through the sheer curtains of the room. He quickly closed his eyes again and turned around, covering his head with the blanket. For the few days he's been there, he managed to hate those damn curtains.

He wasn't sure where Hyunwoo had slept. The alpha has let him have his room to himself. Even though Kihyun had assured him he was fine with bed-sharing as long as they stayed on each of their side, Hyunwoo still chose to give him his privacy. He jokingly claimed that it'll be invaded by him soon enough. His wolf is a clingy one, he warned. And Hyunwoo himself admitted he wanted to be nearby at all times. So, Kihyun must cherish his alone time while he can.

"Whenever I check on you, you're under the covers" Hyunwoo's familiar voice seeped through the air and into Kihyun's ears.

" Tell me, what's the use of a see-through curtain?" Kihyun asked a bit of an attitude could be heard. He thought it was ridiculous and useless.

" They look pretty " Hyunwoo replied.

Kihyun didn't say anything back and just laid there with a blanket over his head. Soon, the blanket was lifted off. Kihyun closes his eyes on instinct. He swears the wolves have a completely different sun than the vampires. Mornings are not new to him, he had his own little adventures within vampire lands, and yet the brightness here is discomforting.

Hyunwoo chuckled. He let his eyes stare, seeing the small patch of almost invisible freckles on his perfectly small and pointed nose. He let his wolf do as he pleased and gave him the control to lift a finger to bump the tip. The side of his lips tugged up at how Kihyun wrinkled his nose in response.

" Aren't we touring around the pack lands today?"

They made the plan after their dinner the day prior. Kihyun insisted he was well enough to do it while Hyunwoo was excited to show him around. So, the latter didn't refuse his request.

Kihyun peeks with one eye, Hyunwoo's face was quite close to him as the older kneeled on the side of the bed, adoringly looking at him.

" Isn't it too early for that?" Kihyun asked, ignoring how his heart skipped a beat when the older gave him an eye smile.

It's the mate thing

He tells himself, not trusting himself to be catching feelings this fast.

" It's 9 in the morning, " Hyunwoo tells him. It is very early for Kihyun. But clearly not for Hyunwoo, most wolves start their days at 6 o'clock. Most of them are busy day workers.

" Can't we do it at like... five? Less sun"

Hyunwoo considers his words. "It'll be a nice walk. But you won't get to see the grounds bustling and working" He said, taking note that Kihyun mentioned the night before that he wanted to learn and see the daily routines, look at the important places, and many more he mentioned that would be perfect for a day tour. Plus, he was advised by the healers to slowly let his eyes get used to light. They were told there was nothing abnormal about it. It was just all in Kihyun's head. "But if you want to rest more it's okay. An afternoon or even an evening walk sounds lovely"

Kihyun thought about it. Surely, he has other days to see what the pack is all about. But he felt the sudden urge to prove to Hyunwoo, even though he knew perfectly he didn't have to, that he was alright and could do it. Maybe that way, the older would stop fussing over him.

He carefully sat, prompting Hyunwoo to move away, and stood up. He blinked his eyes several times, trying to adjust his sight while he wondered where he placed his blindfold the night before. He really should start practicing his eyes to the level of brightness around. It doesn't do much anymore, but it does still feel quite uncomfortable.