🎑 05

◆━━━━━━◆🎑◆━━━━━━◆

Alpha Hyunwoo sat on his throne with an impassive look on his face. His eyes scanning the throne room filled with wolves from different packs. Everyone from the Elders are present as well as each and every Alpha in all of werewolf territory.

"Jooheon" Hyunwoo called his beta, his voice low but clear and loud enough to get the other's attention.

Jooheon was loyally standing right beside the Alpha, both of his hands placed behind him. He turned to him, bending down a little as he listen further to what Hyunwoo is  about to say.

"Why are all these people here?" Hyunwoo asked. They just had a meeting six days prior and if he remembers correctly he did not sent out messages for another one. So this must have been the Elders doing.

" The Elders wishes to nominate a wolf for the future king alpha. " Jooheon answered him. "...I told you they're getting impatient"
He added.

Hyunwoo lets out a harsh breath. He really don't want to deal with this. He could've had join the Scout Hunters or Warriors in hunting, or maybe come by and see how the human villages are doing, or maybe go to the training grounds to see if the in-training wolves had improved. But no, instead, he have to be sitting there to attend such a ridiculous meeting.

Hyunwoo stood up from his throne, gaining the attention of other people in the room.
"I apologise for the inconvenience, this gathering is postponed. I have an urgent matter to attend to"

Without giving further explanation, Hyunwoo walked out. His beta quickly following right after his footsteps.

"Alpha!" Jooheon called after him.
"You can't just leave like that"

"But I did" Hyunwoo replied, not caring one bit. He obviously didn't have any urgent matters to attend to, but he rather do other things than discuss with the Elders. As much as he greatly respects them, they drain and annoy him too much. Not to mention the other Alphas who's doing everything to get his and the Elders attention just so they could earn their favour.

"Where are you going?" Jooheon asked.

"Training grounds" Hyunwoo merely answered.

The two of them went to the training grounds, spotting groups of wolves busy in their trainings. Each group was divided through year and skills. The first one Hyunwoo saw was the youngest lines, all around in their 20s and is currently learning basic combat skills. They gave Hyunwoo respectful bows and greeting as he passed by, the Alpha only giving a small tired smile and the beta telling them to train hard in which the young wolves gave enthusiastic nods. They both went straight to the other wolves, who were at the other side of the field. Those ones are  already done with their trainee years and is now considered as warriors, though they still posses low rankings for being newbies.

They were circling two other men who seems to be in the middle of a heated combat.
Hyunwoo didn't felt any worry seeing it though, knowing that it wasn't a real fight. He was aware it's part of training, he had experienced that too during his younger years when his father was still the Alpha.

"Alpha" A man greeted with a bow upon spotting him. Hyunwoo recognized him as one of the veteran warriors of the pack. He assumed he must be the one training the rest due to the absence of the Gamma who was in charge of combat and battle education.

" What are we doing today?" Hyunwoo questioned the man. Putting both of his hands on his waist as he looked over the number of people, who's excitedly shouting cheers and jeers towards the fighting duo.

" I'm just testing everyone's strength and fighting skills  through combat Alpha. The Gamma had entrusted me to before he had left"

Hyunwoo nodded at his response, setting his focus on his young warriors to watch the fight. Both wolves are very good fighters but Hyunwoo can almost see who would win the fight. He noticed handkerchiefs were tied to both of their right wrist as if to represent a team. One red and one blue.
The guy with a blue handkerchief is much bigger than the other, with obviously stronger arms and legs. It almost look as if it's an unfair match at first. However, as Hyunwoo focuses on the other man, he knows it's a fair game. The other man, the one with a red handkerchief on is a head shorter than the other, he is smaller and more petite but it allow him to move fast and his blows seemed to be thought through. He knows where to hit and when to hit. His smartness alone will help him win the fight.
Eventually, the combat battle finished, like Hyunwoo had guessed the bigger man had lost the fight, but despite that he is a really good fighter and Hyunwoo is satisfied.