𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

This was the first morning the girl had woken up and been truly happy to do so. She did not have to fear violence, blood, and taunts. There was no need for that here. Here, she was safe. Comforting was the home itself and even the man, William, inside. She hoped she could wake up like this every morning. One day, she would do it in her own home.
     "Good morning." The girl said when she found William in the kitchen.
     "Good morning. How'd you sleep?" The man returned.
     "Amazing, thank you. What are you making?"
     "Oh, I was just preparing some breakfast for you. It's just honey, toast and bacon but I hope you'll enjoy it." He offered.
      "Thank you."
     Flavors of sweet and savory danced on her tongue while eating the meal. It had been a while since she'd had a meal like this. Sukuna did not give the girl food as such. Lunch was the only thing she usually ate and even that was just soup. Plus, it was even nicer to have someone to share breakfast with. William's company was something she didn't know she needed so badly. It was easy to talk with the man after being away from people for so long. She truly enjoyed him.
"Why don't we go take a walk?" He suggested after a while.
"That sounds good, actually, but do you mind if I change?" Her outfit was beginning to feel inappropriate for public. The low cut, exposed thighs and pushed up chest didn't seem fit for a walk.
     "I don't have any dresses but you're more than welcome to take a shirt of mine." He replied.
     A button down shirt was slipped over the clothes of the girl. It solved the top problem, but the slit in her skirt was still revealing. It was embarrassing. If it was before Sukuna had taken her she would have rather died than walked around like this. Her time away had changed her. She supposed it couldn't be helped.
     Just like yesterday the town was bustling with citizens. People hollered for others, products, and sales. A comfort washed over her once more. It felt amazing to be in a town again. Being surround by others made her feel secure. She never wanted to leave the public again.
     "Do you mind if we make a quick detour? I haven't prayed today." William spoke up.
     "That's fine." The girl herself wasn't particularly religious but it was the least she could do.
     She was led away from the main streets and to a secluded spot off the path. A straggle of people were gathered around. Soft mutters came from their lips along with a few chants. So this was praying to them? It seemed almost odd. She wasn't trying to be rude, but what exactly made this spot special enough to pray?
     "Would you join me?" William asked the girl.
     "Join you with what?"
     "Praying. I won't force you, but it's disrespectful not to give you're appreciation. He's always watching." He explained.
     "Oh." Was all the girl could manage, "I suppose I wouldn't want to be rude."
      When the girl went to pray was when she saw it. Sukuna. His picture framed high and mighty for all those to see. Blood splatters seemed to be stained around the art and a menacing smirk was painted on his lips. Was this who the people were praying to? Sukuna?
     "Who is that in the photo?" She asked.
"That is our god, Sukuna. He protects us and our town as long as we give our respect and worship to him." William smiled.
"Sukuna..." The girl said.
"Yes, Doll?"
She could recognize the deep voice from anywhere. The same one to throw strings of insults and curses her way was now standing in front of her. She didn't even notice when he got there. It just proved how extraordinary the Curse really was. People around her began to scream praises to him while the girl opened her mouth in awe. It wasn't because she was happy. She was surprised. How could she be so naive to think she actually escaped his clutches? No one could help her either. Even William was a strong worshipper of Sukuna.
"Sukuna! Thank you for blessing us with your appearance today! Please forgive this girl, she is new. Take her as you may!" William shouted from beside her.
"Do with her as I may?" The Curse grinned, "I shall. But first, it is you I wont forgive."
"M-me?" The man stuttered.
"How dare you touch what is mine. You're a pitiful, disgusting man." He said.
"Forgive me, Sukuna, but I don't recall touching anything belonging to you!" William cried.
"Fool. That girl is mine."
The girl could feel William and many others turn to look at her but she kept her eyesight on the ground. She liked public. It was safer in numbers. Yet know she felt worse than she'd ever had.
"I'm sorry!" The man flew himself at Sukuna's feet, "forgive me! I did nothing to her! I promise never to speak to her again! I never meant to dissatisfy you!"
"Too late."
Red stained your clothes, your skirt, his shirt. The familiar wetness even trickled down your neck. Screams of terror were risen from the crowd but quickly they turned into sympathizing chants. They mocked William. They thanked Sukuna. Sukuna only had to bring his foot down onto the mans head and he could erase him from existence. The man who had given you shelter, breakfast, and company was no more. Alone again.
"Everyone," the crowd had tripled in size when Sukuna lifted you up by the waist, "say hello to my bride." His statement was met with cheers. People rushed to get a closer look at you and some even tried speaking with you. "She's beautiful!" or "Perfect choice!" was what they shouted.
"Does the goddess have a name?" A voice came.
"She does not need a name. Worship her as my bride and bride only." Sukuna answered.
"Shall she bare your children?" Another yelled.
"In time." Was all he spoke.
She was sick again. How could he even suggest such a thing? Never would she bare the offspring of this man. She had just witnessed him commit a brutal murder. In fact, she almost wished it was her. Then, and only then, would she feel true peace once more. In the hands of the afterlife seemed to be the only place for her now. Yet, her head was still on. Her body still there, trembling. His finger licked at the blood on her neck while ripping off the button-up shirt she wore. Now she was on display. Truly, she looked like a possession. His possession. The girl did not wish to be owned. She had failed. Once more the collar around her neck was on and the leash tightened. No more running. Say goodbye to newfound independency. Say hello to a life as a pet.