𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

What did Sukuna see when he looked at the girl? Right about now he was probably staring at the way she looked in natural lighting and an open space. How long had it been since he witnessed the girl like so? He was glad he let her accompany him outside today, otherwise he would've missed the sight. The very same sight that had gotten Sukuna to first feel towards the girl. What exactly was still unknown. The peace that washes over her features, her hand blocking out the sun from her eyes, the way she hikes up her clothes to feel warmth on her skin, all of it twisted his stomach while wrenching his heart. Did she know what she was doing to him? No, the girl was just a dumb child from a poor village, he had already concluded that. Perhaps it was even more frustrating she could make him like this so effortlessly. What a wasteful way she used herself.
     Lying back in the grass the girl was smiling. Smiling. A weak gesture was given to Sukuna from time to time but never had he seen this. A genuine smile. Actual gratitude. She had been longing for any sort of freedom for so long it was almost unbelievable that she was here now. Even if she wasn't allowed out of sight it was still freedom to her. She knew well enough she would never have her actual life back. For now, this would do. The fresh air, sounds of nature, feel of the sun and blades of grass was all she needed. Such little things made her so joyful. The girl hoped Sukuna would let her out of the house more.
     "Enjoying yourself?" Sukuna spoke to break the silence between them. It wasn't like their usual uncomfortable void but he didn't want to miss the chance to speak to her in this state.
     "Mhm." A hum came from her. "Thank you."
     Sukuna watched as the breeze rippled the plants below the hill they were on. Everything here seemed to be full of life, brimming with so much it seemed to effect those who surrounded. It certainly had a hold on the girl. It wasn't a bad thing. Not at all. The outbursts that Sukuna had experienced for the past few days had seemed to tire his harsher side. Now, he wanted nothing but to smile when he saw the girl. Smile, but frown at the marks he caused her. A monster was what he was. He was harming the one close to him. And she took it. And she didn't retaliate. She screamed, but not at him. She cursed, but it was to herself not him. So patient. So calm. So beautiful. All for him. She was his.
     "Darling." Sukuna spoke under his breathe.
     "Mhm?" He was half surprised that she responded.
     "You should open your eyes. The sun is setting." She did as suggested and took notice of the darkening sky.
     As the sun began to dip beyond sight both Sukuna and the girl's body shook. The natural beauty was causing them to feel the most emotion. The view reminded the girl of late nights with friends, laughing and admiring the beauty around them. A silent prayer was said to herself along with the asking of forgiveness. Forgive me for causing you all harm. I would sacrifice myself a million times over if it meant your guaranteed health and happiness.
     For Sukuna the disappearing of the sun made him oddly calm. In such a short span of time he had been introduced to so many new feelings, each stronger then the one before. He hated it. But, at the same time, was curious. It was why he kept the girl around. The girl. She was now rested against his body with her eyes half-closed. Her hands wrapped under her chest as she let out a soft yawn. So she had finally worn out? Hours upon hours of exploring the outside must have tired her. It had been a long time since she had done physical activity like so. Sukuna thought she looked cute tired.
     He couldn't stop himself from lifting her onto his lap and getting turned on when she shifted herself on him. It was hard to believe she didn't know what she was doing. No matter how many times Sukuna indulged himself with her she still acted as though she knew nothing. Perhaps she didn't. Or, at least, she was scared to learn and embrace him fully. After all this time did she still hope that her life wasn't bound to him? The collar around her neck would never leave. She should know better. The firm grip on the leash was nowhere near letting up.
     Sukuna began to kiss at the girls neck earning small moans from her. No matter how much he touched her, the slightest actions would make her cry for him. Needy was what she was. He couldn't repeat it enough. Though he used it to insult her, he found himself secretly liking it. To be needed by her so badly, both physically and mentally, was a great feeling to have. And lately, Sukuna seemed to be all about feeling. Not foolish things like sympathy towards those he slaughtered, but a growing emotion of affection towards the girl. Her dependence on him caused him to shiver. The more she looked at him, the more emotion would fill those wide pupils. Was she already completely infatuated with him? How soon would he follow?
     "Sukuna," No matter how many times she spoke his name he would never tire of it, "I'm sleepy."
     Ah. So she was tired like he had suspected. One look at her face could tell you that. Her eyes kept shutting and opening as though her eyelids were heavy. Her lips were stuck in a neutral expression as it was too much effort for anything else. Her actions gave it away, too. The way her body sunk into his, tired limbs draping over him, it was obvious she needed to rest.
     "Then, let's go to bed." Sukuna gave the girl a kiss on the top of her head.
     She did not respond as she had already drifted to sleep. What a pleasant surprise she would get to wake up cozy in his arms in bed, he thought. Such an unusually enjoyful day. He hadn't even killed a single person today, not even crushing a bug. Simply he had stayed by the girls side and accompanied her in something that made her happy, watching her smile and keeping her safe. Could such things bring him this much? Obviously, they had. And they would continue. Even if tomorrow he was choking the girl and making her feel absolutely terrible, he hoped she would think of this day. As she lay bleeding from the wounds he caused she would smile at the moments they had shared, the embrace of happiness that happened. Instead of that cold, lonely space I give you the sun on your skin is all you should remember. Me by your side, the comfort of nature. Sweet honey on your tongue.