Chapter 2

Sandra's P.O.V.

Carefully putting down her tablet on the counter, Sandra relaxed against the adjacent dishwasher and closed her eyes for a brief second. Wiping a little sweat from her brow she stood up straight and desperately tried to fix her bun that had been falling apart in the commotion of the last 20 minutes serving her customers.

Holding one of her bobby pins delicately between her lips to have her hands free, she tried to salvage her unruly hair while letting her gaze float across the room full of jolly chattering Parisians, enjoying their lunch. She usually loved lunch hour, even though it was the busiest time, because the restaurant was more cheery than in the evening, where a strange romantic hush fell over the restaurant as soon as the candles were lightened.

Suddenly her gaze caught on a pair of boots standing just a few steps away from her. Confused as to who these obviously expensive shoes belonged to, she slowly looked up to view the rest of the body. To her amazement, stuck in the shoes were very long legs in black chino pants, on top of which sat a lean and well-built chest that was quite definitely male, with long arms slightly tucked into the side pockets of a perfectly tailored brown coat. Even from the distance she could make out his long and delicate fingers. "They look like they belong to a pianist," Sandra thought to herself, completely in trance.

Up and up her eyes travelled, past a brown knitted sweater with a white collared shirt underneath, until she reached the face of a young man, smiling brightly at her. For a moment she stood there gaping at him like a goldfish, until she got her wits together as she noticed the hairpin she had been holding in her mouth clattered to the ground.

Shaking her head in an attempt to get rid of the clutter that seemed to have replaced her usually normally functioning brain, she quickly ducked down behind the counter to retrieve the pin. Sandra squeezed herself against the dishwasher in hopes of blending in with the bar interior. "Please," she mumbled to herself, "Please let me not have been checking out a customer right there..."

Hiding her face in her hands, the very embarrassed girl wished she were anywhere else in the world but there, stuck in an apron with flour all over it, as the sight of the beautiful stranger burned behind her eyelids.

He had green eyes that reminded her of the lush fields of her village back in Sicily, with long eyelashes, the most chiselled cheekbones she had ever seen, and soft full lips, completed with fluffy blond curls that stood up on end. His cheeks were tinted red from the cold outside. Sandra's daydreams were suddenly disturbed by a pair of green eyes that popped up just centimetres from her face.

Adrien's P.O.V.

Adrien found a corner of his mouth tilting upward at the sight of the young girl plopping down dramatically behind the counter. Carefully he leaned over the counter only to find the waitress cowering behind it. She had her face covered with her hands and the tips of her ears were tinged a slight pink.

As she spotted Adrien's head hanging down centimetres away from her own she shrieked and tried to get away, thereby hitting her head on the counter. Panicking, Adrien quickly retracted his head and jogged to the other side of the counter to check on her, the girl he still didn't know the name of.

"Well, props to you," Adrien thought to himself, "the first time you walk up to her without tripping over your shoelaces you manage to scare the wits out of her and injure her head at the same time! You really are hopeless." Shaking away the thoughts that were beginning to cloud his increasingly embarrassed brain, Adrien tried to concentrate on the girl sitting below him on the ground, her legs pulled up to her chest, rubbing the back of her head in pain.

"I am so, so sorry. I didn't mean to startle you. Are you okay?"

"Don't worry about it. Just a little bump." The girl smiled a little lopsidedly at the boy, who was now squatting in front of her, brow furrowed in worry. As soon as he noticed the brunette wanted to get up, Adrien quickly jumped to his feet and offered his hand.