Chapter 8

Adrien's P.O.V.

After a tremendous blizzard of sparks as her kwami was sucked into her pendant, the girl had emerged sporting a skin-tight scaly green suit, its colour matching her kwami's complexion. It accentuated her curves and made Chat Noir accidentally choke on his spit at the sight.

Her stomach and chest were donned in a lighter chartreuse colour, resembling the underside of a chameleon. White prickles went in a straight line down her arms and her back. A beige rope lasso was tied to her hips, the tips of her curls a little spiky and tipped with white. A green mask covered most of her face, leaving only those brown chocolate eyes and the tip of her nose as well as her rosebud mouth exposed.

She was gorgeous, there was no denying it. Plagg was laughing wickedly at the other end of their bond, being able to tell exactly how Adrien was feeling. Being too preoccupied with his coughing fit, Chat had not noticed he'd left an awkward silence in his wake.

"Cat got your tongue?" The girl grinned at him boldly, winking.

Groaning Chat raked his hands over his face, trying to hide his smile at the cat pun. The brand new chameleon superhero moved to stand in front of him, softly laying her palm onto his chest, misunderstanding Chats reaction completely. His skin prickled pleasantly underneath her touch.

"I'm sorry. Maybe that was too much. I shouldn't be joking around like that. You've obviously got loads on your mind right now." Oh how right she was, but it wasn't the kind of thing she was thinking of.

"You must be worried sick over the akuma and Ladybug. Let's go right now." She stepped to a nearby full-length mirror with white embellishments framing it. Eyeing herself, she straightened her back and put on a resolved expression.

Chat had to admit, putting Paris' needs before her own insecurity and fright, trusting in his and Ladybugs decision, was remarkable. She had already proven herself a superhero without even knowing. He knew Marinette had gone through a lot of contemplation and fear before accepting the job of Ladybug, and Adrien had only jumped at the prospect so quickly, because he saw it as a chance to gain some freedom and escape from his father's clutches.

"You coming?" The girl was already standing on her balcony.

"Yes." Standing next to her, he could see she was trembling. Adrien wanted to loosen up the situation to make the girl feel more at ease.

"You haven't told me your name yet."

"Sandra. Sandra Caradonna."

"What a beautiful name. And so fitting. Sandra. Sandra, Sandra, Sandra." Busy letting the name roll over his tongue, Chat did not notice the very prominent shade of pink Sandra's ears had turned, at the sound of his dark growl of a voice pronouncing her name.

"You need a superhero name too. From now on your identity has to remain secret from everyone but me and Ladybug. Any ideas yet?"

"Chameliona," the girl replied firmly.

"So be it, milady. After you." Sweeping a low extravagant bow, Adrien let Chameliona climb onto the railing of the balcony, testing the material of her lasso in her hands. Gathering all her courage, she flung it in the direction of a nearby chimney with all her might, giving a slight yelp as she jumped off, using the momentum of the swing to let her lasso catch on another roof tile.

"Feels like flying!" Sandra whooped, quickly growing more confident with this means of transport. She was laughing open-heartedly, gliding through the air to breach gaps between buildings, running over Paris' rooftops, dodging, rolling in an attempt to gain speed as quickly as possible.

"Why didn't anyone tell me this would be so much fun!" The girl shouted as she somersaulted through the air and managed a particularly daring jump. Her hockey and gymnastics classes were really paying off right now.

Sandras laughter delighted Adrien and he made a point of showing off stunts and flips galore, all the while racing in the direction of the river Seine.

"You're a natural!" he hollered back at her, grinning from ear to ear, as the wind swished by him, tousling his hair.

"Last one there is a rotten egg!" Chameliona screeched with laughter, speeding off into the distance.

"You bet. I am the king of races, no one can beat me!"

"Ooooh, someone is a little full of himself!" Sandra called behind her, where Chat was trying his hardest to catch up to her. Adrien let out a cackle and felt as free as he hadn't in a very long time.

--------

Word Count: 774