Chapter 5

Adrien's P.O.V

Adrien gaped at Marinette, still looking sickly and terribly small under her covers, in astonishment.

"What do you mean? Like permanently? An addition to the team? Do you think this is the right time? I mean, they'd have no training, we barely know the powers of most of the Miraculouses yet, I don't see how-"

"Adrien..."

"Who would it be anyway? Can we trust a random person? We can't come up with a test like Master Fu's that quick, I –"

"Adrien Imogen Agreste!"

Adrien cringed at the mention of his dreadful second name, but was finally woken out of his stupor.

"Do you trust me?" Marinette looked at him sternly.

He knew that Marinette knew what she was doing, and again Adrien was glad he wasn't the guardian. He wasn't sure he'd be able to handle the pressure of it all. When it mattered most, no one was better at keeping a clear head than Ladybug. He stopped the pacing he had taken up again and looked at her defeatedly.

"Of course I do."

"Then listen to me carefully. You do not have much time, every second we dawdle could be fatal for Paris' civilians. I want you to bring this Miraculous to a friend of mine."

Marinette reached next to her bed to retrieve her purse and took out the miraculous box. Opening the black box with its red engravings carefully, she took out a Miraculous they had never used before, not even lent to anyone. A dainty gold chain with a small emerald as a pendant.

"The Chameleon Miraculous?" Adrien gasped, incredulously. "You want to add the power of shapeshifting to our team?"

"Yes. I have a feeling this will be exactly what we need. I wish I could accompany you, but I'm afraid you have to go on this mission alone. Go to the Rue des Petits Carreaux, the house number is 21, top level. You should be able to drop in from the balcony without alarming her parents. The girl's name is Sandra. I would trust her with my life and I know she can handle this situation. She is one of the most kindhearted and brave people I have ever met. She will not disappoint us."

"I will trust her too then. I'm ready to go. We'll bring the akumatized item back to you, so you can cleanse it, once Tikki has rested a little."

"I trust in you two to save Paris today. Good luck!" Marinette smiled encouragingly as Adrien pocketed the necklace.

Meanwhile, Plagg had eaten some of the camembert that Marinette stashed in her room for emergencies and gave Tikkis tiny cheek a peck. The god of destruction looked sorrowful at having to leave her.

"Don't worry, Plagg. I'll take good care of her." Marinette tried to reassure him. Plagg seldomly showed how much he cared for Tikki, or anyone actually, but they all knew he loved her deeply, despite his harsh comments and teasing manner.

"Plagg, claws out!" The spandex-clad cat superhero jumped onto the window sill, giving Marinette a salute, before jumping out onto the roofs of Paris. 

--------

I know this week's chapters have been really short, but there will be lots more next week! 

If you are enjoying this story, I would really appreciate it if you could leave some votes or comments <3

Word Count: 521