II

karl, alex, philza, and niki looked at one another than back at the girl, who was once again gazing at her surroundings. it was as if they all made a silent agreement to cancel today's plans and sort out this situation all brought the teen to the community house to get her washed up and fed, since she was covered in ash.

the four led the girl down the black stone stairs and into the community house, where niki would take her upstairs. alex, always being more obvious than he thinks, kept sneaking glances at the new arrival from the nether.

he wanted to test something... though the thought of it backfiring stopped him, telling himself he would try it later when the girl became more comfortable with the people around her.

possibly from the kind hand on her shoulder, giovanna had immediately taken a liking to niki, feeling safe and secure around the woman.

the four all shared the same hope of no one being in the community house once their short walk came to an end, not wanting to overwhelm the poor kid right off the bat.

after making sure to announce the coast was clear, karl led everyone inside the brick building. the cool air winded into their faces, relaxing the tense muscles from being outside in the hot weather.

only a few murmurs were shared between the men, deciding to sit down in the lower level while niki took giovanna upstairs and helping her into the tub. she decided it would be easier to have her bathe with her clothes on, not wanting to tell the teen she just met to become vulnerable in front of her.

the older girl began running the water and guiding younger in, causing the latter to quickly jump out with a yelp.

the pinkette gave a concerning look to the girl with the frightened complexion and she started speaking in her native tounge awfully quick, leaving poor niki confused.

"hey, hey, shh, it's okay" niki whispered, doing just about anything to calm giovanna. though she didn't understand what she was saying, she took it as a notion of comfort and accepted it.

having to think on her feet, niki quickly gestured to the sink instead, trying to get her point across without using any words. the brunette thought for a few seconds, and she understood what the other was hinting towards.

giovanna bent slightly backwards and put her knotted hair in the sink, wincing at the terribly cold water. it took awfully long for niki to unknot the others hair, though finally un-matting her locks.

niki gently washed giovannas face with care, slowly but surly washing the ash from her skin.

after carefully walking down the steep stairs, she tentatively walked to the counter top to eat a pork chop with some carrots that was seemingly set out for her.

from his house a mile or two far, alex was delving into his thoughts that were surrounding many topics. the main topic in his mind tonight being the girl from the nether.

she was a mystery to everyone.

it was now common knowledge that she wasn't from here, nor knew how to speak. alex was instructed by philza to teach her english due to the fact of his ability, and the age similarity.

to be honest, alex was quite nervous about the whole ordeal, having never taught someone a language before, only learned himself from the mass bookshelves he's found in strongholds.

returning to the thought of having to teach the young child, he stood from the seat at his window and rushed out the door.

the sun had began setting as in the lower level of the community house, giovanna, niki, and phil sat eating, with the two oldest in a deep discussion over something the youngest didn't understand. instead, she sat, examining her food having never seen much like this.

phil turned to her and tried to communicate, asking for her name, seeing if she could understand. but all he got was a look of confusion and words he has never heard before. he was hoping alex would show soon.

around fifteen minutes later, the man in question burst through the door, slightly pink in the face from jogging from his house.

"hey, i'm here" he panted and walked into the kitchen area. the boy sat down next to giovanna, causing her to shift her eyes and connect with his. an aspect of alex's ability enables him to make deep connections with someone just through meeting eyes, explaining the extreme security she felt.

he examined her features, seeing the way her skin seemed to have a matted gleam to it, and the complex patterns in her irises. whilst he was overlooking her complexion, she did the same.

after a few moments, alex spoke in her native tongue;

"you are kin of the blaze, yes?"

"how do you-?" she blanked, slightly surprised he'd caught on so quickly.

"i'm here to help you, wether you want it or not, we need answers." alex requested gently, noticing niki and phil watching them converse quizzically.

"answering your question, i am of the blaze origin, though not completely" she provided, still a bit confused.

"do you have a name?"

"yes, giovanna."

"it's very... human"

"it was given to me by and enderman who freely traveled the overworld. and yours?"

"alex"

"well alex, i've come here with a goal in mind and i'm sure everyone here will be able to help me reach it." she spoke directly, wanting to push her motives across before anything else became evident "i have one very small problem... nobody here seems to speak my dialect"

"that's precisely why i'm here, would you like me to teach you english?"

"oh, that would really be helpful, thank you" she thanked, genuinely grateful.

"alright, we'll talk tomorrow and start the lessons. i'm sure you'll be alright staying with niki for the night?" alex asked.

"yes, that's fine" giovanna gave a small, but warm smile.

alex looked up from the previously held eye contact and spoke to niki.

"is it alright if she stays with you? only for tonight until further notice." he reassured.

"absolutely" the woman smiled.

VOTE IF YOU ENJOYED •