XIII

first, tommy took off giovanna's shoes and heavy over-layers. by the time most of the outer components to her outfit were removed and hung to dry, the only thing that was wet was her hair.

for a moment, he considered sending his spider, shroud, with a message to niki and have her do the things that would be rather intimate for him to do himself.

however, he decided against it, grabbed a towel, and gently dried his friends soaking hair. maybe deep down, he made an excuse that niki may be sleeping, in order to give himself a reason to do something he wouldn't normally do.

after a while of petting her hair dry, tommy could see the faint color return to her pale skin, and bluish tint leave her lips, signaling her body was warming back up again, and pulling itself out of its hypothermic state.

after she was all dry, tommy tucked giovanna into his bed, sacrificing his night of sleep, for her to regain energy and strength.

just as he was about to leave her side, an unknown impulse pushed him to give a light kiss to her soft forehead, before walking to the other room to sleep on his couch.

•••

giovanna awoke the next morning to soft, warm bedsheets, and the rising sun shining through a window, illuminating the room.

her eyebrows furrowed, remembering she had no idea where she was, or who's door she knocked on the night before.

getting out of the bed and walking out the room, she tried to look for giveaways on where she was, yet she genuinely had no clue.

that was... until the front door opened, and inside came tommy carrying loads of bread and iron, before placing his items on the table and looking over at giovanna.

'she's even pretty when she wakes up??' he thought and she looked over at him, visible relief washing over her.

instead of using words to express just how thankful she is to him for taking good care of her, when she shouldn't herself, she just tackled him in a grateful embrace, surprising him with an action he wouldn't expect her to take.

the blond boy instinctively wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her in more, as he heard her whisper a 'thank you so much'
under her breath.

he gave no response and only squeezed her in tighter, while burying his head in the nook between her shoulder and neck. he was genuinely worried about her well being, in a way he never has before, and was so relieved when he saw her awake when he walked through the door.

the two stayed there for a minute or two longer, when wilbur's voice could be heard, saying "break it up lovebirds, we still have to inform niki she's ok."

upon hearing her sister-like caretakers name, giovanna jumped out tommys grasp, hurriedly asked wilbur "niki? where is she? she's ok, yeah?"

"yep! we can go see her right now if you'd like" wilbur suggested, after seeing just how worried she was.

•••

"vanna?" niki asked in disbelief, unable to comprehend that giovanna was alive and safe after a week of worry.

giovanna wasted no time to envelop niki tightly and wilbur and tommy watched from the doorway. after niki sat her down, giovanna went into great detail about who took her, where she was, what they did, and how she escaped.

"then last night, i heard a pound at my door only to open it, and find gio passed out right in front of my house" tommy finished the story.

over the time she was gone, giovanna had been able to talk alot easier. still not as good as if alex would been teaching her, but still easier.

although everyone was incredibly glad that she was back, wilbur could not help, but fret about the possible threat giovanna could turn out to be.

• VOTE IF YOU ENJOYED •
___________
— 🍂 —
_____