IX

giovanna ran her slender fingers through the roots of her hair, feeling agitated with herself for letting her mental state go.

a sigh escaped her lips as she turned around getting ready to walk back through the frame of the portal, stress levels through the roof at this point.

when she stepped in the obsidian passage, her eyes met with a mismatched pair across the lava pool that she was currently on a platform above.

squinting her eyes and furrowed her eyebrows at the strange sight. however, before she could get a good look at them, the familiar loss of vision and dizziness took over, then feeling her body fall.

it probably wasn't a good thing for the body to endure changing dimensions not once, but twice in a matter of minutes.

continuously fading in and out consciousness, she saw flashes of images, getting a dreadful idea of what came next.

first, she noticed her body never made contact with the ground, rather falling into arms of someone. she was too out of it to pick herself up and thank whoever caught her, only relaxing and opening her eyes for the last time to see a blond head of hair and a confused face.

•••

tommy looked around, worried, as he held his unconscious friend in his arms. he only wanted to try his luck with finding netherite, seeing as l'manburg was slightly low on supplies since the war.

instead, the girl who he met just a few days ago was passed out in his grasp. he felt his cheeks heat up in slight embarrassment even though no one was around to see his flustered state.

her usually tense features were visually relaxing and resting, fading further and further from consciousness. she looked much more calm and even kind when not on alert constantly.

he would even go as far as calling her adorable, but then quickly shaking that thought out of his head.

'no no not adorable, i just met her! we're hardly even friends!"

being so wrapped up in his thoughts, tommy didn't even notice someone come up from behind him until they tapped him on the shoulder.

"oh, erm, hello george" he jumped, awkwardly. though the two recently had a war where they were against eachother, tommy was still friendly with the man, mostly because he looked up to him and the good he's done in the past.

"hey tommy" george greeted "i saw her fall, let me help her" he reached his arms out, gesturing for him to take her and bring her back to his office. george was known as the local caretaker and healer, for both sides of the land.

with his abilities to help emotional and physical pain with a touch or so, he was a powerful asset to the tyrant, dream's team.

tommy's first reaction was to pull her closer to his chest feeling protective over her, but then realizing george could probably do more help than he could, he tentatively shifted giovannas top half onto a now kneeling george, who picked her up bridal style. tommy stood and dusted himself off. seeing george walk away with giovanna made his stomach sink, hoping dearly that he wasn't malintentioned.

•••

giovanna pried her eyes open after feeling her body swaying to a slight rhythm. a new face she didn't recognize looked back down at her, his brown bangs being pushed back from the wind.

the glint in his eye told her everything she needed to know. how he wishes she didn't wake, how he has no choice in what he was doing. and for that, she already forgave him for wherever he was planning to take her.

she always had a problem with that; forgiving people who didn't deserve it. the fact alone that she hardly had anyone to cut out became her reason for letting people come back and break her over and over.

"i'm sorry" he sighed, eyes darting around guiltily before whispering an enchantment under his breath, pulling her away from consciousness once more.

• VOTE IF YOU ENJOYED •