V

throughout the the night as the rain poured on, alex and giovanna had been working on her english at an excelling rate, now able to say things "hello, my name is giovanna, what about you?" or "how are you" and such basic responses.

she had began practicing with everyone around the table, practically ignoring tommy. she purposely paid no mind to him due to the fact she was still very angry that he held a sword to her neck.

though the closeness of their faces reminded her of how he aggressively he pushed her, as if she was an enemy, and she couldn't stop thinking about it.

once more the adults fell into conversation, leaving the two teens to their minds. tommy cleared his throat, just quiet enough so nobody but giovanna heard. their eyes connected, leaving her waiting holding an expectant look for what he was going to say next.

"i'm sorry giovanna" he apologized, making sure to use words she knew and not to confuse her.

"ok" she dismissed simply, small smile dared to play on her lips, waiting a little longer to accept and forgive him. she decided that if she was going pry an apology out of him, she would minus well have some fun with it.

"ok? what d'you mean ok?" he burst out, slightly louder than before. by now, the adults had gone in the kitchen.

the young girl quickly raised her eyebrows up and down once, and the smirk remained. "ok"

"oh you little- i'll have you know- " he progressively got more riled up and started speaking unintelligible sentences, causing giovanna burst out laughing  at the reaction she pulled from him.

tommy gave up with trying to reason with her, seeing as she only wanted to watch him get fired up and he finally fell into a few laughs himself. he crossed his arms and huffed with feigned frustration, slouching in his seat.

she only snorted at his reaction, finding his pouting quite funny. being a sixteen year old who's never met a boy her age nor remotely cute, she was quite flustered when she wasn't angry. she was very good at masking any emotion that would normally be evident on her face, grateful for saving herself from embarrassment.

same sort of deal with tommy, he had met some women, but never his age nor nearly as... well, pretty as her. even though the two weren't even friends, they still got along fairly well after getting over him nearly killing her.

"ah, good! you two worked it out i see?" he asked cheerfully, in result the two nodded.

after peering outside to check the weather, niki turned and called from the other room "giovanna i think it's best if we head home now"

"bye." she stood, giving a small wave and a smile before she left.

the walk back was quiet, but a sort of peaceful quiet of just enjoying the stars and the night sky.

finally breaking the silence, niki spoke; "tomorrow we will show you around l'manburg, how does that sound?"

"very nice" giovanna beamed just at the thought. though the young girl had jumbles of excitement with the anticipation of tomorrow, there was still an underlying feeling of confusion of the obvious division between some people.

the girls entered the house once more and said their nightly farewells before heading off into their rooms.

VOTE IF YOU ENJOYED •