𝟓 . 𝐀 𝐍 𝐞 𝐰 𝐅 𝐞 𝐞 𝐥 𝐢 𝐧 𝐠

I woke up in my cell the same, as I had done every day prior. Everyone was going about their day as usual, and everything felt normal. No one had suspected a thing. 

I knew that was was going to happen today was going to be better for me, better for everyone. Though, I began to feel this feeling in the pit of my stomach. 

I couldn't differentiate whether it was a feeling of guilt or excitement. In a couple of hours, Count Dooku would have come here and rescued me, causing any and all destruction along the way. 

Was this right? Is it worth it?

Those questions repeatedly circled around in my brain as I laid in my cell, staring up into the ceiling. 

That is, until I saw Anakin appear in front of my cell with now only one clone trooper instead of the usual two. Maybe he was starting to trust me a little.

"Wakey, wakey. We have training in 10 minutes" Anakin asserted.

I groaned as I rubbed my eyes. I picked myself up from where I was laying and headed towards the opening of the cell.

---

As the three of us neared the training room, Anakin ordered the single clone trooper to stay stationed outside with the other usual three clone troopers.

Anakin and I entered the training room, and I started to get ready as usual. Though, I noticed Anakin staring at me as I put down my things and grabbed my lightsaber. 

Before I had a chance to ask him what he was doing, he spoke.

"Y/n, I've got to admit, you've surprised me" Anakin said with a smirk as he stared at me.

This caught my attention. "I'm glad, and to be honest, you've surprised me as well" I replied as I tied up my long, y/h/c hair into a tight, high ponytail.

He laughed at my statement. "Oh, really? Well, I'm not the Sith apprentice turned good" he retorted.

I scoffed as I diverted my glance towards the vast city of Coruscant, which sat right outside the large glass windows of the training room. Turned good? He wished. If only he knew...

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Anakin spoke before my thoughts could carry on any longer.

I didn't respond to him, but instead continued to look out the huge windows that overlooked the lovely city. Speeders zoomed by all day and night as the city never slept. I inhaled deeply, taking in what few moments of peace I had left before Count Dooku were to arrive.

I sensed Anakin coming up behind me, but for some reason, I didn't bother to turn around. Maybe it was because I just wasn't afraid of him, or maybe I was beginning to trust him more.

He appeared next to me as he began to stare outside the windows as well, taking in all of the city's beauty. He then redirected his gaze to me. 

I turned my head to look towards him, where I noticed a small smile appear on his face. 

I was taken aback by how genuine his smile looked. He picked up on my expression, and his smile quickly disappeared.

He started to speak as his glance quickly went away from my face and towards the ground (gif above).

"Sorry, I was just..." 

I cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

"It's okay" I assured him. "I just... I've never had anyone smile at me before. Well, I have. It's just never seemed... genuine."

He now looked back up at me with confusion plastered on his face.

"I mean, the Sith aren't usually ones to smile with any joy or happiness, or anything like that. Their smiles always usually feel..." I took a deep breath. "Sinister."

Anakin stared into my eyes like he truly felt sorry for me. I think this was the first time I had ever became vulnerable with him.

"If it's any consolation, I think you're better off without Count Dooku. He wasn't good to you" Anakin spoke as he shook his head.

I rolled my eyes as I looked back out into the city and no longer at Anakin.

"You don't know anything about Count Dooku or the Sith" I retorted.

He continued to look at my face as I no longer looked at his. 

"Trust me, I know a lot more about Count Dooku and the Sith than you probably do."

I shot him a dirty look. How dare he talk to me like that.

"Why don't you enlighten me" I sneered at him.

"I will, one day" Anakin answered as his eyes looked me up and down, then back to my eyes.

I noticed that he had these beautiful, blue eyes, which continued to stare back at me. I had never noticed them before, and now I couldn't take my eyes off of them.

My lips parted slightly open as I gazed into his eyes as he did the same to mine. We stood in silence, taking in one another's presence. 

My heart started to race as I quickly became confused. The mood had definitely turned different now, and I could feel the tension growing between us. What the heck was going on?

A new feeling had overcome my body as my breathing grew heavier. I couldn't pin point what I was feeling, but it certainly felt exciting. 

I rapidly became nervous, and kind of anxious. This feeling was a mixture of calmness, yet also scary and exciting. It felt satisfying, but also thrilling. It was something I had never experienced before, but this feeling was intoxicating.

It felt like it was something I had been longing for my entire life, but I just didn't know it until now.

Suddenly, an alarm began blaring loudly from outside the training room, interrupting what had just been going on. Anakin and I both turned our heads quickly to the doors. 

Anakin then looked back at me. Without saying a word, he unclipped his lightsaber from his belt and rushed to the entrance of the training room. 

However, I didn't move at all. I continued to stare where my look had now become fixated on, which was Anakin leaving the training room.

What had just happened?

It took me a few seconds to process what had just occurred between Anakin and I, and what was now going on.

I blinked a couple of times as I rubbed my eyes, steadying my breathing.

My mind scrambled as I tried to become aware of what was now happening.

Then it hit me: Count Dooku had arrived.

a/n

ahhhh that moment between Anakin and y/n literally makes me smile.

I was going to write the next chapter in with this one, but then I realized it would have been such a long chapter, so I decided to split it up. 

some big things/changes are about to go down with y/n and i'm super excited!!