𝟏 𝟒 . 𝐓 𝐚 𝐬 𝐭 𝐞 𝐨 𝐟 𝐃 𝐞 𝐚 𝐭 𝐡

The sounds of Anakin and I's lightsabers crashing against one another sent loud crackles and distinctive hums through my ears. Our feet moved together in unison as we struck each other's sabers, almost like we had rehearsed this a thousand times.

Like we had known each other our whole lives.

Even though it has only been a couple of months since I've made my decision to stay at the temple, I could already predict all of Anakin's next moves when we were training.

If I move this foot forward, then he will move his left food backward. And if move my saber this way... gotcha.

In an instant, my yellow saber swung swiftly to the side of Anakin's neck, though, it came to a halt before it could get close enough to touch his hair.

I tilted my head slightly as a cocky smirk appeared across my face. He seemed to accept his fate because after a moment, he disignited his saber and threw his hands up in defeat.

"You gotta be smarter than that, Skywalker," I teased, pretty amused with how advanced my moves have gotten in the past few months compared to Anakin's. "Or I might just give you a new haircut with my saber."

A devilish smirk grew across his face as he stared into my eyes. "Yea, or..." 

Suddenly, almost as if my life flashed before my eyes, Anakin grabbed my hand and saber. He disignited my saber, swung me around, and put me in a headlock before I could even think.

"Maybe it's you who has to be smarter, y/l/n," he snickered.

Unable to speak due to the headlock, I tapped Anakin's upper arm three times to signal that I wanted to be let out. As he let me go, I gasped for air, and he let out a quick laugh.

"You're not funny," I spoke, rolling my eyes and clearly unamused.

He didn't respond to me and instead just kept his dorky smile spread across his face. He knew he had won that round, but whatever, I'll let him have his victory moment.

As Anakin walked over to grab his water bottle from the other side of the training room, I stared at him for a few moments. In regards to attire, today was not too formal, so all we wore was our training clothes. Anakin wore a dark cream colored sleeveless shirt, paired with some baggy gray sweatpants. I mean, I'd be lying if I said he didn't look good.

I wore a tight, black and cropped long sleeved workout top with some black high wasted workout leggings. I picked it up at a shop in Coruscant a couple days prior. It wasn't anything too fancy, but it fit well and did the job.

Even though we didn't necessarily have to wear our Jedi robes on training days, Anakin still encouraged me to bring mine to training sessions just incase we were needed somewhere during our session.

"Alright Miss. y/l/n, let's pick up where we left off," Anakin spoke as I quickly turned my gaze away from him.

He started walking back towards me as I took my fighting stance position, igniting my lightsaber in the process. As I twirled mine a couple of times in my hand, illuminating a bright yellow streak, Anakin ignited his own saber.

"On the count of three," he stated. "One... two..."

Suddenly, as if someone had planned for this to happen, Anakin's comlink sounded from the other side of the room, laying right next to his Jedi robe and water bottle.

We both shot our heads back to face his comlink in unison, confused and unsure as to why anyone would be contacting him during our training session. We had our assigned training time, and all of the Jedi and nearby clone troopers were notified of it. It was considered rude to interrupt anyone's training session, unless if it was to notify them of an urgent matter.