𝟏 𝟗 . 𝐁 𝐞 𝐜 𝐨 𝐦 𝐞 𝐀 𝐉 𝐞 𝐝 𝐢

a/n

I wrote this part over a year ago, and tbh I don't really remember where I wanted this story to go. I'm currently taking 18 credits this semester, I work 2 jobs, and I post so much content on insta, tik tok, youtube, etc.

BUTTTT, that doesn't mean I won't sit here and write again... maybe...

If any of you are still reading, give me some time to re-read my entire story, and I'll start updating again. Love everyone that still comments and reads this, you guys are the real ones <3 ALSO if you guys ever want to reach out and let me know your thoughts on the story, what you like and dislike, etc., hit my wattpad inbox or my insta dms (@/chrissymariaa) :)

---

"Alright, we should be landing in approximately five minutes."

My eyes flickered open slowly, taking in the black void of space that spread out infront of me.

I haven't been sleeping, but more so resting my eyes.

Anakin and I hadn't spoken much since we took off from Maridun. We both found quickly that it was now awkward and weird to speak to each other, you know, finally being alone for the first real time. Just us two, alone in the vast void of space... plus R2.

As I unbuckled my seatbelt and sat upright, starting to make my way towards the back of the ship, Anakin grabbed wrist slightly, yet gently.

"Hey- about what happened with us-"

My breathing sharpened. "Can we talk about this later?" I cut him off.

He stared at me for a moment, contemplating what to do. We both didn't want this awkwardness, it was evident, but we couldn't help it. Things were tense right now, and our priorities needed to be Obi-Wan and Windu, not him and I.

"You're right," he spoke as he snapped back to reality, letting go of my wrist. "Gather our things and prepare the ship for landing."

A small laugh escaped my lips. "Aye, aye, captain."

He turned back around in his seat as we neared the atmosphere of Dathomir, but I could see a small grin that appeared on his face.

My heart fluttered as I walked toward the back of the ship, looking at my wrist.

I was still in awe that all of this happened: with Anakin, with my feelings. But I knew better than to obsess over this right now, especially since we were about to go on a very important and crucial mission, and a lot was at stake.

As I made my way towards the storage compartments, gathering my robe and saber, as well as Anakin's saber, R2 let out a few beeps.

"Would you keep it down!" I whispered, though pretty loudly. "There's nothing going on between us, okay?"

God, I really hope Anakin did hear that...

R2 continued to argue and debate with me as I grabbed my things, on whether he could see a change in our demeanor with each other.

"R2, this doesn't concern you. We are Jedi. Not only do we know better than to pursue anything, but we have other things to worry about."

I mean, I know Anakin trusts R2, and they're like best buddies or whatever, but he and I haven't built that just yet. I honestly can't trust anyone with this, even myself. It's all just so confusing right now, and R2 definitely shouldn't be the first to know.

"Landing in approximately two minutes," Anakin called out from the front of the ship.

Side-eyeing R2, I made my way back to the passenger seat next to Anakin.