𝟕 . 𝐓 𝐡 𝐫 𝐞 𝐞 𝐌 𝐨 𝐧 𝐭 𝐡 𝐬

3 Months Later

I laid on the cold, hard ground in Count Dooku's old ship, the one I had stolen right after I plunged my lightsaber into his heart and killed him. Three months have gone by since that day. 

Three months away from the Jedi. 

Three months away from the Sith. 

Three months, all alone.

After I had left Coruscant that day, I sailed through space for as long as I can remember. I had no intention of landing anywhere specific. If I'm being honest, I actually wanted to sail long enough to where I would either die of starvation or what have you. 

Where I would die surrounded by the nothingness of space.

Though, deep down, I knew that I didn't really want to die. I just wanted to stop feeling all of the pain. Dying from starvation would stop the pain, yes. But in the end, it would do me no good. 

Once the ship had begun to run out of fuel, I decided to land at the nearest planet I could find. This turned out to be Dagobah.

I had never been to Dagobah before, but I knew of its bog-like conditions and fetid wetlands, along with the murky and humid quagmire that was seemingly undeveloped (image above)

There were no signs of technology on Dagobah, which means no tracking or contact with any Sith or Jedi. 

The swamp-covered planet was a forgotten world where I figured I could use as an escape.

At the time of my landing on Dagobah, I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life from here on out. Becoming a Sith Lord seemed like a dream that no longer meant anything to me anymore. 

At this point, I honestly still didn't know if I wanted to live or die.

It took some time before I made up my decision. The only reason I chose to live was because of what I had found on Dagobah after I landed.

The swampy planet was among the purest locations in the entire galaxy within the notorious energy field, aka the force.

When I arrived here, I could immediately sense that the force was strong with this planet. I didn't know why this was, but to be honest, I didn't really care.

I figured that if there were no Sith around, no Jedi to bother me, and even no interactions with other beings at all, I could focus on myself. Focus on my connection with the force.

And so I did. I worked for countless days and nights trying to better my link with the force. I practiced methods and techniques of all kinds, exercised movements using the force, and even studied the hot and humid world that surrounded me.

The days had begun to blend together as I trained myself, though, I never gave up trying to better my bond with the force. After everything that I had been through, I wanted some peace in my life. 

No, I needed some peace.

I wanted to become one with the force. I no longer wanted to exploit it and try to bend it towards my will like the Sith had taught me to. I wanted to change.

It's crazy to think about how much time has actually gone by.

Each day, I carve a little line into one of the interior walls of the Solar Sailer to track how much time has gone by.

Though the loneliness has gotten to me at times, I honestly think that I have become closer to being one with the force. 

Closer to being at peace with myself.

This life that I now live has just been easier without the pressures of the Sith. Without the feelings I felt with the Jedi. 

Isolation was the only suitable way I could try and change my life around. 

A part of me also thought that if I would put all of my focus towards becoming one with the force, then maybe my past wouldn't haunt me as much. It wouldn't hurt as much.

So, that brings me to today. 

Here, right now. 

Exactly three months since I killed my old master. 

Three months since I have been with the Jedi. 

Three months since I have seen Anakin's face.

I tried not to think about Anakin that much here for many reasons. For starters, it hurt, like, a lot.

I missed him, and I knew I had completely broken his trust ever since I chose to escape the Jedi and return to Count Dooku. He probably hated me now. I mean, I hated me too at the time. Still kinda do.

But besides the feeling of hurt, I knew that he would distract me from my overall goal, which was to strengthen my tie with the force. I had no room for any type of distractions, so, I shut the thoughts of him out of my head.

Three months, wow...

Suddenly, a subtle humming sound interrupted my thoughts and came into my hearing.

I was still laying in the ship, completely silent, trying to study what was now growing louder by the second.

It's been three months since I've heard any type of ship or space craft, but I could still identify one from miles away. A trick I learned from the Sith, unfortunately.

I got up from where I was resting and unclipped my lightsaber from the belt I wore. It was still the yellow saber that Anakin had given me when we were training together, which felt like a lifetime ago.

I slowly approached the entrance of the ship that I stood in, carefully calculating each step I took.

The humming of the ship continued to grow louder, signifying that it was coming closer to where I was stationed. 

I stepped outside of the ship and looked towards the sky. A space craft came into my view as it started to land not too far away from where I had been staying.

The yellow and gray craft neared the ground and slowly disappeared behind the tall Dagobah trees that stood extremely tall.

I noticed that this ship had seemed familiar to me. I've seen it before, I just couldn't remember where.

And then it hit me: it was the Eta-2 Actis-class interceptor.

His starfighter.

Anakin's ship.

a/n

here's a little filler since the last chapter was an intense one

i am trying to update as frequently as i can, so thank you to everyone who is being so patient with me :)