𝟏 𝟖 . 𝐇 𝐨 𝐩 𝐞

a/n

here's the long-awaited update!!

apologies for not updating in a while, i've just never had the motivation or time :/

if there are spelling errors, etc., pls disregard them. right now i'm just going to be writing and publishing bc it takes me so long to proof-read and i'm a perfectionist, so i'll never get this up if i try to fix all of the mistakes.

as always, enjoy... <3

---

My eyes opened slowly as I felt Anakin shuffle next to me in the bed we both shared. My wet hair laid messy and tangled on my pillow as my body stayed snuggled underneath the blankets that we had used throughout the night.

As I glanced over at Anakin, I saw him pull a fresh clean shirt over his torso, seeing as the damp one that laid on the ground from the previous night was unusable.

Through the small crack of the hut, I could see the faint pink and orange ombre colors that emitted from the sky. It was around sunrise, which meant it was still extremely early.

It was still a bit dark in the hut, but I was able to somewhat make out Anakin's figure, and I could tell that he was putting on his robe.

Where is he going...?

"Hey-", I spoke groggily as my eyes focused on his back.

He glanced back at me, seeming surprised that I had woken up, even with the lack of sleep we both shared during the last few days.

As I continued to stare at him, he walked over and placed a gentle but warm kiss on my forehead.

My stomach immediately filled with butterflies as a cheesy, tried grin spread across my face. Anakin Skywalker, the man who I thought just a few hours prior hated me, just kissed my forehead...

"I'm going back to the ship with Tee Watt Kaa to assess the damage, and to check on R2," he stated in a whisper. "Stay here until I come back, you'll be safe."

I groaned drowsily and nodded as I continued to stare up at his tall figure that seemed to tower over me, still laying in the bed. Anakin stared a me for a moment too, almost like he was admiring me. A small smile grew on his face, and he bent down to kiss my forehead once more. He then grabbed his saber, along with a few more of his belongings, and walked out of the hut.

Letting out a deep sigh, I tried to steady my rising heartbeat. I laid in the bed, now alone, and stared up at the ceiling. I still couldn't believe what had happened last night, and every event that led up to it...

To get things straight, all Anakin and I did was share a kiss.

Nothing more.

I'm a Jedi, and so is he. We couldn't risk anything, seeing as we had so much on the line, and sharing a kiss was already risky enough.

Though, what did happen was that Anakin and I just confessed our feelings for each other, both things a Jedi should not be doing, especially with one another.

A million thoughts rushed through my brain as I fully started to process what had happened.

Holy shit. Anakin and I just confessed our feelings for one another.

And truthfully, these weren't just any feelings. These feelings were... deep. This wasn't just a quick meaningless kiss that we had shared. No, this- this was something more. This was something that I had longed for my entire life.

As depressing and horrible as it sounds, I never believed love was worthwhile. I mean, come on, I was a Sith. They know no such thing as love.