Ch.12 Why you??

First I would like to apologize and let you guys know that I am halfway through my college semester . I also have not have the boost of energy to even start writing again but I am going to try really hard to give you guys something. Please give me any feedback because it helps a lot!!!! 😘😘😘

Destiny POV

That kiss was everything to me. I cannot wait to be his wife already. 🥰

I was too stuck on that kiss to even realize my sister and my brother cars were outside of my apartment.

Oh shit now I have to tell Ace about my date with his boy 🤦🏽‍♀️.

Before I could even go on the elevator they stopped me in the lobby and began talking at once. It was just too much to even handle . The only thing that I heard at the end was..... "dad is dying".

My heart shattered into a million pieces and I became numb. Ace had to pull me to his car so that we could be with dad at our family home.

While we were driving I began to slowly calm down and that's when I decided just to be honest with him and let him know that this relationship was something that I wanted to pursue.

I look at Mari and she already knew what was gonna come out of my mouth next .

" Ummm, I know that you're probably wondering why I am dressed up like this and I just wanted to let you know that Kaine took me out on a date and I enjoyed myself and I definitely enjoyed his company. We will be seeing each other again and you can't say nothing about it at all ; just be a brother to me. I don't need you to overstep your boundaries when it comes to my love life."

When I say he snapped his neck so hard to look at me, I began to get a little bit nervous but I stood my ground and I waited for his reply.

"Aye sis , do you but remember I always got your back and I will always be your  business I know that Kaine is a good dude , because if he wasn't I'll be telling you something totally different."

Me and Mari looked at each other shocked asf. I know it was a 50-50 reaction because they are close but then again he has never allowed any nigga to be with me without him trying to scare them away.

"Oh yeah imma still talk to that nigga, but right now we need to be worried about dad."

At that moment everything came back rushing through my body all at once and I completely froze.

5 minutes later he pulled into the driveway and we ran into the house but little did we know it was a nightmare waiting for us on the inside....

We got into our parents room and dad was laying on the bed in so much pain.

We decided just to hold him and cater to his every need in this moment. I decided to ask him a few questions to distract him from all of the pain that he was going through.

"Dad what's your favorite memory?"

"Being with y'all ."

It broke my heart instantly because I began to regret the times we argued or how long we went without talking to each other. All of those times we could've been making so many memories.

"Awww dad we love you sooooo much ."

" I love y'all more , please don't be mad at me . I have to go."

Mari and Ace screamed out "NOOO , YOU CANT LEAVE US"

Only thing our dad could say was " please don't be mad at me . Stop crying. It's okay."

A few hours later our dad passed away as we held onto to everything we could. When he passed a part of my soul went with him...

We couldn't even talk to each other we just cried and cried and cried.

Next thing I know I wake up in tears because I felt like I had the worst nightmare ever then when I open my eyes I realized that it was real.

Mari said " stop crying . Dad said stop crying."

It made me realize that she was being strong for the both of us. I appreciate her so much.

" I don't think I can do it. Sis I can't .."

"We here together and we gone fight them demons off together."

Before I could respond I ran to my moms room because I heard the most horrific scream ever; it was like her soul was being ripped out of her body. I felt bad because I couldn't fix her pain at that moment and I know that she needed to get it out. Ace just held on too her the tightest he could .

About  3 hours later ...      10 AM

Kaine was calling my phone.

I just let it ring. But it just kept ringing so I turned my phone off. It was no hard feelings towards him I just didn't wanna be bothered by anyone besides my family.

I know you're thinking it's wrong but I'd rather not destroy my relationship with him due to my feelings right now. And what I could possibly say to him .

♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾

I tapped into a real life situation and I am trusting you guys to be respectful but also honest on any situations that you dealt with. My father was a great man who suffered due to cancer and it slowly took him away from us. Soooooo FUCK CANCER!!

This is the worst season for me mentally. I don't know when I will be updating, but I'll try not to stay away too long.