Stop Feeling [26]

AN: Sorry for the long hiatus! I was escaping the psych ward but now I'm free! Enjoy this chapter <3

I fell asleep. By the time I woke up, school had already ended. My skin was red and dry. The bathroom still had remaining foam. The soap was on the floor on its side, the white soapy liquid spilling onto the light blue tiles. I looked in the mirror, my eyes were puffy and red.

My hands were still shaking. I bury my face into my hands, "What's wrong with you? What's wrong with you? What's wrong with you?" I said, pulling on my hair right after, wishing I had the energy to scream. I walked back to my bedroom, staring at the mirror.

"You're fine," I repeated the words my mother told me, "Nothing is wrong with you." I was wearing nothing but a bra and underwear, seeing red spots all over my skin from scrubbing the area with excessive soap last night.

A knock from the door startled me, "Neddy-Chan?" the familiar sweet voice called out, "Neddy-Chan, are you okay? You weren't at school today," she knocked again. I was rushing to get a t-shirt. I stumbled on my feet on the way to the door but quickly recovered.

I mustered up the energy to smile, "Orihime!" I beamed as I greet her. She paused, noticing my whole condition. "Neddy-Chan, what happened?" she placed her hands on my shoulder, her expression turned to concern. I laughed it off, "I'm fine..." I gave her a smile.

Though that didn't convince her, she was still looking at me concerned. "Are you sure you're alright?" she ran her hands down my shoulder. Which caused me to snap away from her touch, even though it was comforting.

That reaction raised her concerns.

I shook my head, "I'm fine... I'm sorry," I said weakly. The two of us looked at each other, my hands went behind the door. "Neddy-Cha--." I slammed the door close, locking it with a quick motion. I hugged myself, my fingers digging into my shoulders. My back slid down the door. My fingers gripped onto my shoulders until it shook painfully.

"Stop thinking. Stop thinking," I placed my head on my knees, closing my eyes tight, "It was in the past, it was in the past." Closing my eyes didn't help, as I saw what happened to me. My eyes shot wide open. "I need a walk," I mumbled, getting off the floor and slowly making my way to my room.

My hands scratched my skin, which made it worse. I was outside, mindlessly walking, hoping to take my mind off it. I distracted myself by staring at things, even if it was a white wall. I somehow broke the Karakura-Raizer watch, the excessive water and soap most likely broke it.

I was suddenly picked up from the ground. I wasn't really aware of what was going on until I saw a whole set of teeth above me and a black void ahead of me.

I couldn't do anything, it was too late.

It was no use to struggle, the grip the thing had on me was rib-crushing. Saliva dripped down from the roof of its mouth and right onto my shoulder causing me to flinch.

In a blink of a second, the Hollow was disappearing. I fell onto the ground, sitting up. "Ned," the familiar voice called out. I looked up, meeting Uryu's blue eyes. "You weren't at school today," he said as he helped me up. His eyes went over to my arm, but he didn't comment on anything.

"Yeah," I answered, "I wasn't at school today." I looked at my shoulder, taking off my jacket. I looked at the denim fabric, it was wet with thick saliva. I folded the jacket, "Sorry. I wasn't paying much attention," I said softly. "I would have sensed the Hollow's Reiatsu," I averted my gaze to him, noticing how quiet he became, "Ishida-Kun?"

"Your arms," he pointed out, "What happened to it?"

I shook my head, "It's nothing. Just an allergic reaction. I'm fine."

"That isn't an allergic reaction, your skin looks dry," he placed his hand on my arm.

"I said I'm fine!" I snapped at him, shoving his hand aside.

Uryu took a step back, his eyes wide in surprise.

"Sorry," I quickly said. "I... I gotta go," I turned around and started running. I hugged onto my jacket as I ran. My skin was still itching and red. I went back to my apartment. I stopped, noticing something by the door.

It was a small container with a note on it.

Neddy-Chan,

I don't know what's upsetting you and it's okay if you don't want to tell me. But, please take care of yourself. I am always here for you.

Inoue Orihime

It was written on the note with neat handwriting, I assumed it was Orihime's. The note ended with a small heart at the end of her name. I smiled a little, bringing the container and note into the apartment. I placed it on the kitchen counter, opening the lid.

There were two contents, one was a bread bun while the other seemed to look like some curry with watermelon in it. I raised my eyebrows upon looking at the dish. My stomach growled. I was hungry and tired. I sighed, taking the container to the living room.

I settled down, tearing the bread and dipping it into the curry. It was sweet like watermelon and yet spicy like curry. I wouldn't say it was the worse combo, but it was doable. It was still warm, which made me feel better. Weirdly enough, I found being given a homemade meal made me feel all right.

I smiled at the meal and continued eating it. I looked over the kitchen, thinking of what to make for Orihime in return. I finished the meal, taking the container to the sink.

I cleaned the container and leaned onto the counter. I looked around my house, it was empty and completely silent. I had to admit, I was beginning to miss Abarai Renji's company in the house.

After a few seconds of staring, Shinji came into my mind. And I started to remember what I did. I slammed the door at him, leaving him wondering what he did wrong. Earlier, I did the same thing to Orihime, slamming the door right at her face.

Three of them, I left them without any answers to my behaviour.

I noticed the habit of mine, instantly I felt guilty. They didn't do anything wrong, in fact, they were just trying to help. I instead shut them out and pushed them aside. A bit too rude to my liking.

I began tearing up, "I'm rude," I simply said as I started to gather ingredients onto the table. My necklace caught my attention. The silver bracelet hanging from the chain. I snapped it off my neck and threw it to the living room as I continued gathering ingredients.