Your every day [13]

I stabbed my fork into the noodles I was having for dinner. My head resting on my palm. Living alone was boring. I had to admit, I was missing Renji already. I chewed on the food, wishing I had cooked that night. I stared at the balcony as I ate. It felt like time wasn't moving at all. A knock came from the door.

I got onto my feet, walking to the door. I opened the door, "Orihime!" I said. She was wearing a worn-out pink t-shirt with pink knee-length trousers to match. She held something in her hand that looked like a Tupperware. "Um..." she said, "I thought you would be a little lonely since Abarai-Kun moved out..." 

My features soften as I flashed her a smile. I invited her in, "Thank you," I said, walking her to the living room, "What 'cha got there?" I asked. She set it down on the table as she sat down. I took a seat across from her. "I made dinner and had extras," she said as she opened the Tupperware. I looked at the contents. "I made Hot Sauce Cauliflower," she said proudly. I blinked.

I've heard of Orihime weird cooking, but never have I expected that.

I prepared a bowl of rice for the two of us. I looked at her, then to the cuisine she made. The colour red and the strong smell made it obvious it was buffalo wings hot sauce. It took me an effort not to scrunch my nose up. I can't take anything that has vinegar in it. Even if I didn't know, my nose can smell the vinegar.

It's not because I don't like it. It's because I can't eat it. My body just rejects it completely. Even if it tastes good.

I took a piece. I tucked my thumb into my palm and formed a fist, hoping it would suppress my gag reaction. I lifted it up a little to show it to Orihime and popped it into my mouth. I chewed on it. It crunched. And it was...good. I blinked. The crunchiness of the cauliflower actually matches the tangy and spiciness of the hot sauce.

But my gag reflex was building in my throat.

"Do you like it?" Orihime beamed as she asked. I looked at her and gave her a thumbs-up, nodding. I took some more into my bowl and ate it with the rice. Oh, I knew my stomach wouldn't be happy with this, but my taste buds were enjoying the whole party in my mouth. "So," I spoke, "How are you?" I asked. Asking how are you could end in so many ways.

Orihime hummed, tilting her head to the side with her pointer finger on her cheek. "I got a part-time job!" she said, "And I'm learning new things about my abilities!" The way she brightened up instantly was contagious. "I wanna know about your abilities!" I beamed right back at her. She placed the chopsticks down with the bowl, "You can meet them!"

I tilted my head in confusion. Her hands went into her pockets as she took out her two hairpins. I stared at the pretty blue accessory. A minute later, the thing glowed, and small figures floated by Orihime's side. 

They looked like little fairies. "This is Ayame," she placed her palm under a little girl who wore a pink and red dress bigger than her own body, "She's very quiet," Orihime explained. Ayame gave me a shy wave, which I return with a gentle wave. Next, she displayed a bald male, which had a mask that covered the bottom of his face, "This is Baigon." Baigon gave me a nod.

"This is Hinagiku," she pointed to a male wearing purple. He wore an eyepatch that ends in a horn. One landed in her hand, "This is Lily." Lily had a futuristic look going on. She had bright pink hair as she wore transparent yellow goggles and a blue bathing suit. Lily turned around, showing off the tattoo on her back.

One approached me. He had blonde hair which was tied into a topknot. "Are you one of Orihime's friends?" he asked. I nodded, smiling at the little spirit. "That is Shun'ō," Orihime introduced. "Nice to meet you," Shun'ō with a smile.

"Say," I looked over to Orihime seeing another was looking at her, "Did you just summoned us to introduce us to your friend?" He had black spiky hair and a white cloth over his mouth and nose. Several noticeable scars were on his forehead and eyebrow. 

Orihime hummed, "Everyone, meet Ne--." "You only summon us when you're in distress!" he began pulling on Orihime's hair, causing the girl to yelp, "Tsubaki, ow, I'm sorry!"

I giggled, shaking my head, "They're so cute!" I looked every single one of them. "Hey!" Tsubaki shouted, "Who you callin' cute?!" he went over to me and started pulling on my hair. For something that small, it had some extraordinary strength. I yelped in pain, "Okay, okay! I'm sorry!" I pleaded. He let go of my hair, "Hmph."

"Everyone," Orihime said, "Meet Neddy," she gestured to me. "Nice to meet you, Neddy!" Most of them said it to me. I laughed nervously, "Nice to meet you guys too," I scratched the back of my neck. "Most of them plays the role of defence," Orihime explained, "Ayame and Shun'ō are my healing abilities." She looked over to Tsubaki, "He's the only one who attacks."

"And you should use me more often," Tsubaki crossed his arms.

Orihime nervously laughed, "Sorry!" she scratched the back of her head, "I'm still learning about them." She continued, "I have to learn about mixing my skill around, you know?" I nodded, looking at them poking the items in my house.

"Your abilities are so interesting, Orihime-Chan..." I said. I looked over to the table, seeing Ayame sitting peacefully next to my bowl. "They're like little friends," I used my finger to gently pet Ayame. She turned her head to me in alarm, but quickly calmed down as she noticed it was only me.

Orihime hummed, "They are like little friends," she giggled. Orihime looked at me, "What about you, Neddy-Chan?" she asked, "I wanna see your abilities too!" she tilted her head to the side as she flashed a sweet smile to me, which made me instantly melt.

Oh, how could I say no to that smile?