Noble Place. [7]

"I can kick him off the sky," I replied, looking behind us. 

"Are you two just going to run?!" Kenpachi taunted, chasing the two of us with Yachiru on his shoulder. 

"Just do anything to make sure we get out of here alive!" Ichigo shouted, looking behind us. 

"Gonna warn you, you might get grounded as well," I held onto his uniform as I held my hand out and bought it down.

The two of them went down suddenly. I heard several panicked screams, "Oops." I looked at Ichigo, "How are we still up here?"

He shrugged, "Probably 'cause I have you in my arms." 

"Good point." I looked down, "Just keep running, buddy," I patted his shoulder. "Anyway," I said, "Any other place you wanna show me?"

"Honestly," he said, "I don't really know much about this place..." he laughed nervously.

"Eh? I thought you were a Shinigami?" I asked

"Substitute Shinigami," he corrected, "That's different."

I hummed, nodding slowly. We went silent for a while. Nothing but enjoying the breeze as he ran. "Say," he broke the silence, "You're planning to head back to your country after this?" He asked, "I would understand after what you've been through."

I whipped my head to his face, "Are you kidding me?" I said, "Of course, I'm going to stay!" I exclaimed. "Heh, it wasn't enough to scare me away," I grinned. "Even though I got kidnapped, psychologically tortured, and beaten up in under a year," I mumbled, "It's all peachy! I rather go through all of that again than go home to meet the same three faces I don't like!"

"Is it really that bad over there?" He asked. He shook his head, "I mean your country. Wanting to go through all that again rather than what you said, made it sound like it isn't peaceful there." He sighed, "You should be careful about what you wish for, Neddy."

I paused, turning away from him, "Odd enough, being in Las Noches wasn't exactly the worse so far," I said, "Pushing aside Aizen manipulating me, I actually found the stay okay. I met a few new people and hung out with them," I continued. "Also ignoring the part where I was nearly raped," I mumbled, "But he turned out to be an okay type of guy. I've met worse."

"You were raped?" Ichigo asked, looking at me. "Nearly," I corrected him, "Managed to get rescued before any inserting happened." Ichigo's face turned red as soon as I said inserting. He shook his head, "Who?" He asked, "Who did it?"

I paused for a while, "The same Espada I defeated," I replied. Ichigo stopped running and looked at me. Blinking. Once. Twice. 

"Huh," he said and continued running. 

I sensed he had more to say, "Spit it out, strawberry," I said, "Don't be shy."

"Uh well..." he looked away, "Isn't it a little odd he gave you that bracelet?" He asked, "From your story, it sounded like you were with him most of the time."

I went silent. "He forced me to," I said, "He called me his pet and prey, whatever the hell that meant." But I was the one who decided to run around him. My eyebrows furrowed upon the thought. I only did that to annoy him. Nothing else would come out of that. Right?

I let my head hang, "It is odd that he suddenly gave me the bracelet," my fingers went under my kimono as I took out the necklace. "But he's an Espada. An Arrancar," my fingers went onto the bracelet, "I did ask him why but he didn't give me an answer. Only told me he would take it back if I didn't want it."

"And you took it," The orange-hair said.

"It's a gift!" I exclaimed, "I have a soft spot for gifts, no matter what is it. Plus, getting a gift from that type of guy is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!" I sighed, shaking my head, "It sounds dumb for a guy like him to suddenly have an attachment to someone like me," I laughed a little, "Someone like me."

"I think you're a decent person."

I laughed, "I annoyed the hell out of him!" I grinned, "Even made him shoot a Cero at me!" My grin became wider upon remembering that moment. "It's dumb for him to grow an attachment to me!" I said, "And it's dumb for me to grow an attachment to him," I laughed but it quickly died down.

My fingers trembled as I held onto the bracelet, "I didn't grow an attachment to him," it sounded like I was reassuring myself, "I didn't."

"What about that bracelet then?" He asked.

"What's your point, Ichigo?" I snapped at him.

He sighed, "It might sound silly but," he paused, "He might have grown an attachment to you," he said, "I mean, he gave you something. Gift-giving kinda gives it away."

My hands trembled, "Y'know..." I said, "By saying that, you made me feel even worse for killing him." My eyes watered. I rubbed my eyes under the oversized glasses I was wearing, "Murdering someone who has feelings for you," I tried my best to ensure my voice doesn't crack, "Isn't that cruel?"

We both went silent.

"Say, Ned," Ichigo's voice became soft, "I promise not to tell anyone." My head perked up to look at him. "This is a silly question but," he paused, hesitating to ask. "Did you like him?" I froze. "Like... grown an attachment to him?" He said, his tone gentle and delicate, "I understand the first kill can sometimes feel bad but maybe you feel terrible killing him because you like him?"

I went silent, turning my head away from the Substitute Shinigami. My knuckle turned white from holding on to the accessory so tight. I opened my mouth to answer but I couldn't. I wasn't sure if denying it was the truth. But it sounded ridiculous to accept the fact.

The silence from me seemed to be an answer to Ichigo as he said, "I understand."